Days Inn & Suites Bridgeport - Clarksburg
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Bridgeport
A TripAdvisor Member
“good”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

very good stay. the bed was a little lumpy.the smoke detector battery was out not working . i would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

GM Cindy G, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Bridgeport - Clarksburg, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you for your review I have spoken with the executive housekeeper to check the mattress on the bed in the room that you had stayed in so that it may be replaced, also Maintenance replaced the batteries in the smoke detector that you had brought to my attention. We wish you safe travels and hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Virginia Beach
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The staff was very friendly and welcoming, Unfortunately, I had to cut my stay short because the hotel was miserable. Noisy halls, slamming doors, musty smell and bugs. The internet went down and the breakfast was unhealthy choices.

I was charged $107, but the posted rate on the door was $89. After multiple complaints, the manager offered to discount the room to $89.

Also - if you're depending on a GPS to get you there, be warned! I correctly entered the address, and was directed to a field about 30 minutes from the hotel. Other members in my group, coming from other directions, had the same misfortune.

Based on my experience at this hotel, I will not select Days Inn again.

Room Tip: There's a newer wing on the hotel. You might have a better experience in that section than I ha...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank IJohnson55
GM Cindy G, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Bridgeport - Clarksburg, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, praising the staff here at Days Inn and expressing your concerns. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. I have been in contact with GPS.Gov/Support Service as to why our coordinates do not transmit the correct navigation of our hotel, I am hoping this may be updated as soon as possible. Our complimentary breakfast does provide yogurt, boiled eggs, oatmeal, fresh fruit, & raisin bran; I have been in contact with our food vendor to see what other healthy items they provide.
Again thank you for your feedback as we strive to make each and every guest stay a pleasant one.

Travelers are raving about these Bridgeport hotels

Daniels, West Virginia
Reviewed September 11, 2012

From the time I checked in until the minute I checked out the staff was WONDERFUL!!! We stayed 2 nights and the cleaning staff done exactly what I wanted them to do the second day, as far as just straightening up the room & changing the sheets (didnt need to put alot of effort in cleaning the room because I have 3 teenage girls and it would have been a waste of time & energy to completely clean everything since we werent going to be checking out for another night). The front desk staff was even more helpful from getting towels for pool area (which was wonderful & clean) to getting extra towels for our room and replaceing the card key when we locked ourself out..
The only thing I wasnt thrilled about was the bathroom. It was very small and the sink was outside of the bathroom. So I didnt feel "complete" when I walked out of the bathroom & trying to get out of the bathroom was a chore of its own. I had to back up beside of the toilet to open the door wide enough to get out, but all & all this was the ONLY negative thing I comment on..
KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: No elevator to get to second floor. But not many steps to climb!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
GM Cindy G, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Bridgeport - Clarksburg, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you for writing a review of your recent stay with us here at Days Inn Bridgeport/Clarksburg WV.
Loved hearing that you and your family had a wonderful stay with us, I’m quite pleased that our housekeeping and front desk staff made every possible effort in making your stay as pleasant as possible while you visited the area.
When our traditional rooms were designed they did place the vanity area separate than the bathroom to allow the usage of these areas at any given time. Again, thank you for your review and we hope that you will visit us again.
Toronto
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I checked into this hotel with my 2 daughters on our way to Myrtle Beach. I selected this hotel based on the photos and reviews from Trip Advisor. i wouldn't be arriving until after 9 pm and leaving early the following morning so essentially we were looking for a clean room with 2 comfortable beds to get a few hours sleep. Our room had a damp, stale tobacco smell. The AC was blasting away and set so low that it was like walking into a freezer. The walls were so thin that we could hear everything in the rooms above and either side. The party above us were up until 2 am. Morning coffee at the free breakfast was undrinkable.Wasted no time as the kids and I drove to the Starbucks just around the corner. Avoid this place.....I will avoid all Days Inn from now on!!!!!

Room Tip: Stay away!,,,,
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Clive B
I appreciate you bringing to my attention of the damp, stale tobacco smell as well as the AC blasting to a very low setting that was uncomfortable upon your arrival. We are taking steps into improving this issue with our housekeeping staff.
Our breakfast bar is set to Wydham standards and they have chosen Folgers coffee for our guest. We do also provide juices, milk, hot chocolate and a variety of teas.
Thank you for your feedback as we strive to make each guest stay a comfortable and enjoyable one.
Nitro, West Virginia
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband, kids and I have stayed at the Days Inn in Bridgeport three times now. We stayed there this past August and were somewhat disappointed. The "heated" pool wasn't! My kids were really upset over that since it was nice and warm the last time. Was told by the girl at the front desk there was a party going on that evening and they requested for it not to be heated but that she would tell the maintenance guy to turn it back on during the night so it would heat up by morning... which didn't happen. Still very cold the next morning even for August. Bathtub had several hairs in it, which is totally gross. The beds weren't as comfortable as they use to be. Hubby and I decided we would seriously have to think about staying there again. Another girl at the front desk when I checked out didn't even ask how my stay was...maybe she was afraid to!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
We appreciate all of your feedback to help us with our areas of improvement. I have met with our maintenance staff on monitoring the heating of our pool and have advised them to keep the warmth of the pool to comfortable degree. I also met with the housekeeping staff expressing the level of cleanliness that is required for our guest comfort and satisfaction.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeport
SpringHill Suites Bridgeport Clarksburg
TownePlace Suites Bridgeport Clarksburg
Hilton Garden Inn
Hilton Garden Inn
#1 of 3 in Clarksburg

Been to Days Inn & Suites Bridgeport - Clarksburg? Share your experiences!