“Very friendly staff, awful experience”

Days Inn & Suites Bridgeport - Clarksburg
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Bridgeport
Virginia Beach
“Very friendly staff, awful experience”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The staff was very friendly and welcoming, Unfortunately, I had to cut my stay short because the hotel was miserable. Noisy halls, slamming doors, musty smell and bugs. The internet went down and the breakfast was unhealthy choices.

I was charged $107, but the posted rate on the door was $89. After multiple complaints, the manager offered to discount the room to $89.

Also - if you're depending on a GPS to get you there, be warned! I correctly entered the address, and was directed to a field about 30 minutes from the hotel. Other members in my group, coming from other directions, had the same misfortune.

Based on my experience at this hotel, I will not select Days Inn again.

Room Tip: There's a newer wing on the hotel. You might have a better experience in that section than I ha...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank IJohnson55
GM Cindy G, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Bridgeport - Clarksburg, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, praising the staff here at Days Inn and expressing your concerns. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. I have been in contact with GPS.Gov/Support Service as to why our coordinates do not transmit the correct navigation of our hotel, I am hoping this may be updated as soon as possible. Our complimentary breakfast does provide yogurt, boiled eggs, oatmeal, fresh fruit, & raisin bran; I have been in contact with our food vendor to see what other healthy items they provide.
Again thank you for your feedback as we strive to make each and every guest stay a pleasant one.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Daniels, West Virginia
Reviewed September 11, 2012

From the time I checked in until the minute I checked out the staff was WONDERFUL!!! We stayed 2 nights and the cleaning staff done exactly what I wanted them to do the second day, as far as just straightening up the room & changing the sheets (didnt need to put alot of effort in cleaning the room because I have 3 teenage girls and it would have been a waste of time & energy to completely clean everything since we werent going to be checking out for another night). The front desk staff was even more helpful from getting towels for pool area (which was wonderful & clean) to getting extra towels for our room and replaceing the card key when we locked ourself out..
The only thing I wasnt thrilled about was the bathroom. It was very small and the sink was outside of the bathroom. So I didnt feel "complete" when I walked out of the bathroom & trying to get out of the bathroom was a chore of its own. I had to back up beside of the toilet to open the door wide enough to get out, but all & all this was the ONLY negative thing I comment on..
KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: No elevator to get to second floor. But not many steps to climb!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
GM Cindy G, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Bridgeport - Clarksburg, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you for writing a review of your recent stay with us here at Days Inn Bridgeport/Clarksburg WV.
Loved hearing that you and your family had a wonderful stay with us, I’m quite pleased that our housekeeping and front desk staff made every possible effort in making your stay as pleasant as possible while you visited the area.
When our traditional rooms were designed they did place the vanity area separate than the bathroom to allow the usage of these areas at any given time. Again, thank you for your review and we hope that you will visit us again.
Toronto
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I checked into this hotel with my 2 daughters on our way to Myrtle Beach. I selected this hotel based on the photos and reviews from Trip Advisor. i wouldn't be arriving until after 9 pm and leaving early the following morning so essentially we were looking for a clean room with 2 comfortable beds to get a few hours sleep. Our room had a damp, stale tobacco smell. The AC was blasting away and set so low that it was like walking into a freezer. The walls were so thin that we could hear everything in the rooms above and either side. The party above us were up until 2 am. Morning coffee at the free breakfast was undrinkable.Wasted no time as the kids and I drove to the Starbucks just around the corner. Avoid this place.....I will avoid all Days Inn from now on!!!!!

Room Tip: Stay away!,,,,
1 Thank Clive B
I appreciate you bringing to my attention of the damp, stale tobacco smell as well as the AC blasting to a very low setting that was uncomfortable upon your arrival. We are taking steps into improving this issue with our housekeeping staff.
Our breakfast bar is set to Wydham standards and they have chosen Folgers coffee for our guest. We do also provide juices, milk, hot chocolate and a variety of teas.
Thank you for your feedback as we strive to make each guest stay a comfortable and enjoyable one.

Travelers are raving about these Bridgeport hotels

Nitro, West Virginia
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband, kids and I have stayed at the Days Inn in Bridgeport three times now. We stayed there this past August and were somewhat disappointed. The "heated" pool wasn't! My kids were really upset over that since it was nice and warm the last time. Was told by the girl at the front desk there was a party going on that evening and they requested for it not to be heated but that she would tell the maintenance guy to turn it back on during the night so it would heat up by morning... which didn't happen. Still very cold the next morning even for August. Bathtub had several hairs in it, which is totally gross. The beds weren't as comfortable as they use to be. Hubby and I decided we would seriously have to think about staying there again. Another girl at the front desk when I checked out didn't even ask how my stay was...maybe she was afraid to!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
We appreciate all of your feedback to help us with our areas of improvement. I have met with our maintenance staff on monitoring the heating of our pool and have advised them to keep the warmth of the pool to comfortable degree. I also met with the housekeeping staff expressing the level of cleanliness that is required for our guest comfort and satisfaction.
Virginia
Reviewed August 31, 2012

My husband and 2 yr old stayed there as we were having a family reunion. The small meeting room we rented for the evening worked out well for us. However, It's definitely an older hotel that has been redone. When we first walked into the room, I started having an allergic reaction from the smell. Not sure if it was the cleaning solutions or the mildew but it was bad. It got better with running the AC in the room and opening the window. However, the room was just kind of grimy and definitely not clean. Not good for a little one that is usually into things and all over the floor. And the shower head was rather low - if you were about 5ft high, you would have been fine. Anyone else, well, you had to bend over just to get your head wet. They did have breakfast (which I was surprised) but it's pretty bare bones/standard. It's also in a rather small and dark area. Again, you could tell it was an old hotel where they had tried to fix it up. It did the job but just barely. I would recommend that you stay somewhere else. Safe travels.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I am pleased to hear that you held your reunion in one of our three conference rooms, and stayed in one of our traditional rooms while attending your reunion. When we added suites to our hotel we also remodel the rest of our building. We have recently remodeled our lobby and business center. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the upmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations.
I will certainly look into the selections of our hot/cold breakfast bar. Typically it includes fresh fruit, hot & cold cereals, freshly made waffles, pastries, bagels, toast, assorted juices, milk, coffee and biscuits/gravy & scramble eggs and sausage.
We do appreciate your feedback and wish you safe travels.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Great hospitality. Asked reception for a favor and it was granted immediately. Hotel and rooms were clean and well-maintained. Some portions were nearing time for repaint and cosmetic upgrades. Convenient to the Interstate and to lots of area restaurants.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
GM Cindy G, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Bridgeport - Clarksburg, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you for acknowledging the staff’s hospitality on you recent stays with us. We take pride in making our guest stay as pleasurable as we can while they are traveling away from home.
In the coming months we have scheduled painting projects as well as installing new entrance doors and resurfacing our front entrance.
We hope that you will visit us again when in the area.
Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed August 9, 2012

While on a cross-country Harley ride with friends, we ended up looking for two rooms in the Bridgeport/Clarksburg area. Many of the motels were booked full, but Carolyn at the Days Inn found us a couple of rooms (although they were also technically "booked full"). The rooms and service were great, particularly for the price (the room rate was less than $100/night).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
GM Cindy G, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Bridgeport - Clarksburg, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
I am happy to hear that we could accommodate you and your friends on your recent stay with us, as the area becomes quite busy at times. I hope that you enjoyed our indoor heated pool as well as our continental breakfast during your stay.

We appreciate your compliments of our hotel and staff. We also, hope that you enjoyed our Wonderful State of West Virginia in your travels.

We are wishing you safe travel on your cross country adventure. When back in the area please stop in and see us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeport
SpringHill Suites Bridgeport Clarksburg
#1 of 3 in Clarksburg
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#12 of 14 in Bridgeport

Been to Days Inn & Suites Bridgeport - Clarksburg? Share your experiences!