“Acceptable but just barely”

Days Inn & Suites Bridgeport - Clarksburg
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Bridgeport
Virginia
“Acceptable but just barely”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

My husband and 2 yr old stayed there as we were having a family reunion. The small meeting room we rented for the evening worked out well for us. However, It's definitely an older hotel that has been redone. When we first walked into the room, I started having an allergic reaction from the smell. Not sure if it was the cleaning solutions or the mildew but it was bad. It got better with running the AC in the room and opening the window. However, the room was just kind of grimy and definitely not clean. Not good for a little one that is usually into things and all over the floor. And the shower head was rather low - if you were about 5ft high, you would have been fine. Anyone else, well, you had to bend over just to get your head wet. They did have breakfast (which I was surprised) but it's pretty bare bones/standard. It's also in a rather small and dark area. Again, you could tell it was an old hotel where they had tried to fix it up. It did the job but just barely. I would recommend that you stay somewhere else. Safe travels.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
GM Cindy G, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Bridgeport - Clarksburg, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
I am pleased to hear that you held your reunion in one of our three conference rooms, and stayed in one of our traditional rooms while attending your reunion. When we added suites to our hotel we also remodel the rest of our building. We have recently remodeled our lobby and business center. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the upmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations.
I will certainly look into the selections of our hot/cold breakfast bar. Typically it includes fresh fruit, hot & cold cereals, freshly made waffles, pastries, bagels, toast, assorted juices, milk, coffee and biscuits/gravy & scramble eggs and sausage.
We do appreciate your feedback and wish you safe travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Great hospitality. Asked reception for a favor and it was granted immediately. Hotel and rooms were clean and well-maintained. Some portions were nearing time for repaint and cosmetic upgrades. Convenient to the Interstate and to lots of area restaurants.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
GM Cindy G, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Bridgeport - Clarksburg, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you for acknowledging the staff’s hospitality on you recent stays with us. We take pride in making our guest stay as pleasurable as we can while they are traveling away from home.
In the coming months we have scheduled painting projects as well as installing new entrance doors and resurfacing our front entrance.
We hope that you will visit us again when in the area.
Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed August 9, 2012

While on a cross-country Harley ride with friends, we ended up looking for two rooms in the Bridgeport/Clarksburg area. Many of the motels were booked full, but Carolyn at the Days Inn found us a couple of rooms (although they were also technically "booked full"). The rooms and service were great, particularly for the price (the room rate was less than $100/night).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
GM Cindy G, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Bridgeport - Clarksburg, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
I am happy to hear that we could accommodate you and your friends on your recent stay with us, as the area becomes quite busy at times. I hope that you enjoyed our indoor heated pool as well as our continental breakfast during your stay.

We appreciate your compliments of our hotel and staff. We also, hope that you enjoyed our Wonderful State of West Virginia in your travels.

We are wishing you safe travel on your cross country adventure. When back in the area please stop in and see us again.
Orlando
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stopped at this hotel on our way home from Florida. It was clean enough. We had a coupon - which they would not accept - I was tired so I wasnt' going to try elsewhere. I took a single King room. My husband went to check out the pool - it was closed - something that if they had mentioned it - I would have found another hotel. After driving for 8 hours plus - we need to unwind in a pool. Ok - I figured I'll just have to remember the next time. Nice quiet hotel - slept well, room clean and everything worked well. Got up and had the nice hot breakfast they provided. (sausage, eggs, waffles, etc) When I went to check us out - I checked the bill before signing it - They had added $1.50 charge plus tax for the benefit of having a safe in our room! I did not ask for the safe. I asked why it was on there and the girl just said it's always added on and she took it off for me! I know it's a small amount of money - but it ticked me off that they thought they deserved a 1.50 for having a safe in the room. Plus tax! This on top of the fact that the pool was out of order - they didn't accept my coupon - and I paid $100 for this - I don't think it's the best place to stay!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
GM Cindy G, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Bridgeport - Clarksburg, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
I appreciate the time you have taken to share with other travelers your comments on your previous stay at our hotel.

Due to the unavailability of our room’s types on your stay I am sorry to hear that the travel coupon could not be used on this visit.

We take great pleasure in providing our guest with a pleasant stay, I thank you for bringing it to my attention in making sure that our staff informs our guest, upon arrival, when the pool has had to be shut down for a few hours so that it may be maintained and as an extra security we provide to our guest, a safe in each room so that the guest may place any personal items in a secured area, if they wish, and upon check out this fee can be removed.

Again thank you for your wonderful comments and we hope that you may stay with us again.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stayed here twice. Once on they way to Myrtle Beach and again on the way back. From where I live it was exactly in the middle ( coming from Toronto) Great location, excellent size rooms. very clean, nice staff, good breakfast. Only recommendation for anyone staying is try to get the 2nd floor so you don't hear people walking around on top of you. The town its in is very nice, lovely people. Make sure you go for a little drive.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the 2nd floor and book before you go. Great location so if you risk not having...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
GM Cindy G, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Bridgeport - Clarksburg, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
I am pleased to here that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Also, thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers. We hope to see you on your next visit to the area.
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I had a good experience at this days inn. The electric was out from about 8pm to around 3am due to the big storm that swept through and knocked out the whole city, but the staff was being as comforting as they could be with the resources they had at the time. The gentleman at the desk let me borrow a flashlight to get to my room. That was very nice. Continental breakfast was good and the laundry facilities on site were convenient (for me at least). Will definitely be using this facility again if I'm ever in the Bridgeport area again. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed June 2012
Thank you for the great feedback for our hotel. We strive to provide the best customer service with a smile. i will definitely pass on your wonderful compliments to the staff. Thank you again.
Alexandria, VA
Reviewed May 17, 2012

I stayed heew as a stopover both coming and going to Kentucky. While it's basically your average roadside hotel, I was very pleased with everything about it.

The beds had 3 nice plump pillows. The free wi-fi worked great. There were lots of TV stations to choose from, and I was surrounded by many restaurants. Also I had a first floor room and parking was very convenient.

The breakfast was a nice plus, but I mostly just took some danish for the road.,

I had not booked this for my return journey, deciding to wait until I'd actually stayed there. I asked the woman at the desk to book my return reservation (so I would not have to put my credit card on a nonsecure network) and that was promptly and efficiently taken care of.

I would definitely stay there again if I am in the area. Good choice

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeport
SpringHill Suites Bridgeport Clarksburg
Best Western Plus Bridgeport Inn
Hilton Garden Inn
Hilton Garden Inn
#1 of 3 in Clarksburg

Been to Days Inn & Suites Bridgeport - Clarksburg? Share your experiences!