“Disgusting!!!!!”

Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Bridgeport
Wheeling
“Disgusting!!!!!”
Reviewed July 6, 2011

I warn anyone who thinks about staying here not to. First of all the breakfast room is poorly cleaned. Food gets left out for flies to get into. Also containers of milk is left open in the back of the kitchen. The floors and tables were very sticky and dirty. Trash overflow. When you walk down the hallway there is often a bad sewer smell. The rooms are poorly cleaned, Dusting is bad, Tubs are not cleaned proper, the housekeepers do not take pride in their performance. If you walk past the housekeeping room 90 percent of the time the employees are sitting around gossiping and cutting up joking.On cell phones, some of the housekeepers are down right rude. Some of the housekeepers do not even vaccum the rooms after cleaning. Stayover beds are poorly made and clumpy. Employees steal tips from other employees. JUST DOWN RIGHT A BAD PLACE TO STAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank JDawg099

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Penetanguishene, Canada
Reviewed July 6, 2011

On our way to Florida this is an overnight stop for us. Close to Interstate, Very nice front desk lady, Large lobby, We were given a room at the end of the hall on the top floor – Nice and quiet. Large room (small bathroom), Room was clean enough, could use dusting and cleaning behind the TV and end tables. Zippered mattress cover, Microwave & nice size fridge with a nice size freezer compartment. Regular and decaf teabag in room, Night tables on both sides of the bed, Sink/counter outside bathroom, Long clothes rod (about 6 ft) with a shelf above and a bench below to store suitcases etc, Plus smaller clothes rod just inside room door, Computer desk, Wall Plugs are grounded, Guest laundry room, Nearby restaurants although we ordered Pizza in. Large breakfast room with more than average choices including fresh waffles.
Only cons were small bathroom and no hotel directory in the room to find laundry room, ice etc and cannot see the TV from computer desk. Internet wanted to make google my home page and my computer settings etc got all messed up, I had to revert to a previous days settings to get things back to normal and then I did not log back on.

Room Tip: Top Floor at the end of the hall is nice a quiet.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Bill M
Lindsay, Canada
Reviewed April 21, 2011

My husband and I broke down in Weston and had to have our transmission changed we found this days inn in our saver coupon book and were sure glad we did. we were treated just great everyone spoke with us and made us feel welcome It is not easy being stranded so far from home especially when it did nothing but rain carol is quite a gem in the breakfast nook and Robyn is wonderful on the desk thanks to all we will return

Room Tip: Stop at rest areas and get room saver coupon book
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
northeast ohio
Reviewed February 24, 2011

We stopped here unplanned because of the weather conditions on a trip home. I did a quick search using tripadvisor.com on the reviews and this was number one in Bridgeport/Clarksburg, W VA. It lived up to its reputation. I usually opt for a Marriott because of what is offered and our preferrences so I was questioning a Days Inn and Suites. I'm glad we choose this hotel. We were greeted by the front desk clerk with a welcome and it lasted for our entire stay. I mentioned that my child was ill and they let me know about the local health facilies and their hours and location. They made recommendations regarding resturants and included a deliever option, which we choose. We had a large, clean room with a microwave and refridgerator, and pull out couch, which was a great option for traveling with a sick child.

Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed December 31, 2010

When we walked in we were warmly greeted my Robin and Elizabeth,both carried a friendly conversation with us.Checkin was fast and they even offered to help us find a place to dine close by.Upon returning she remembered us and asked how we enjoyed our meals, very personable, we liked that. Rooms were very welcoming with Bible on table opened up,great touch to this already great hotel.Housekeepers all spoke to us the next morning and gave us great smiles with eye contact. 3 Cheers for this place.Management must really take pride in their hotel, and it really shows.We WILL be back!

Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed November 8, 2010

Not a speck of dirt anywhere in the room. Older TV set with plenty of channels. Wi-fi works well. Suite includes an added sofa and desk area in addition to the TV/Bed area. Bathroom was immaculately clean and had good water pressure. Continental breakfast was in a large room with tables and chairs and had the usual waffle makers, breads, juices, etc. Everything was fresh and well stocked.

Not all Days Inns are bad. As frequent travelers know it all depends on the owner and/or management of each location. The management of this one obviously takes pride in their hotel. This one is a great value, compared to newer, more "upscale" properties in the area as the amenities are the same, however the rooms are much larger at a cheaper rate. Every staff member I had contact with was very friendly.

An excellent choice for an overnight stop at a decent price.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank JKF56
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed August 10, 2010

Stayed at this Days Inn on july 29 on the way home to Hamilton On. from Myrtle Beach. Good location off the interstate in a very busy area. Travelling with wife and 3 kids aged 9,11 ,13 and another family with 11 year old. the hotel was very busy and was completely full but had a very good nights sleep. We arrived at 6:30 pm to check-in, where I was told that the 2 suites I had reserved 4 months in advance were not available as they had a large number of hold-overs. Now I could go into a whole "Seinfeld" routine but I won't at this time. We were bumped down to regular rooms at the lower rate and were told that this happens when you book online sometimes? Now I may be from Canada, but come on.....it was not a 3rd party , it was directly on the hotels reservation system. But no big problem, i know these things happen and arriving after 6 pm puts us at the back of the list. They also gave us a $50.00 gift card for Texas Grill for the mix-up which we used and had a great meal. I was very satisfied on their desire for customer satisfaction and not just fluffing me off and saying "too bad for you".
As for the ammenities...kids used the pool after dinner. It was absolutely insane with a bunch of kids playing baseball and throwing things and jumping all over the place. Completely out of control, don't know why the parents were just sitting around watching all this go down as if it is normal behaviour but that is not the hotel's fault. I pulled my kids out after 5 minutes for fear of getting jumped on or being hit in the face with a flying object. The breakfast was decent, I think all the construction workers staying there had wiped them out pretty good before we got down but there was enough to get us going for the trip home. All in all, it was a good place to stay overnight and i was satisfied with the way the hotel and its staff remedied the small problem with the reservations.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Murch22
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeport
SpringHill Suites Bridgeport Clarksburg
Best Western Plus Bridgeport Inn
Hilton Garden Inn
Hilton Garden Inn
#1 of 3 in Clarksburg

Been to Days Inn & Suites Bridgeport - Clarksburg? Share your experiences!