All reviewswashington roomfront porchpool tablewest virginiathe ownerabraham lincolnsouthern hospitalitycomfortable bedtop of the linewonderful stayprivate entrancebreakfast was deliciousgrand pianowonderful placebreakfast roomfresh fruitlovely porch
Reviewed November 19, 2017

Owned for the past three years by Gary and Kitt, this 1904 historic home gave us three nights of comfort at a surprisingly affordable price. Kitt was out of town, but Gary was the consummate host. We stayed in the Martha Washington room, which has its own entrance from the parking lot. Breakfast was expertly prepared and served by Preston and the rooms were kept tidy by Angela. Preston said that the Inn had hosted such dignitaries as John F Kennedy and Dolly Parton. The only negative, for us, were the pillows. We like firm ones. We hope to return.

Room Tip: Two rooms have outside doors making them handicap accessible.
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family
Kitt M, Owner at Bluefield Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2017

All of us appreciate your review and information provided to future travelers about our B&B. I am really sorry about your pillow experience as we have all kinds of extra pillows to meet the needs of our guests. We will make a point of sharing that information with guests upon check in. Thanks again for staying with us and I hope you will come back soon.

Reviewed November 19, 2017

great people superior service, comfortable accomadations, interesting location.
This bed and breakfast is a charming turn of the century mansion that is ideal for the weekend get-a-way. The owner and staff are gracious, with a high level of service. The breakfast is home-made and is as eclectic as the chef. The location is off the main road and could be a bit challenging during a winter storm, but the tree-lined street is quiet and picturesque. This is well worth the trip.

Room Tip: All of the rooms have a turn-of-the-century theme
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family
Kitt M, Owner at Bluefield Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. Your description painted a lovely picture of the Inn.. As for the hill in the winter, we have an alternate route to get here for those few days where it is icy (not as much fun though). Hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed November 3, 2017 via mobile

I happened upon this lovely place while passing through from Ohio to South Carolina. What a find! Quaint little place with the most amazing innkeeper, Kitt. She did everything possible to make this a memorable stay. The bed was like sleeping in a cloud with the fluffiest pillows ever. But the best part was breakfast. I am still dreaming of that Belgian waffle with strawberries and fresh homemade whipped cream! I will be back every time I am in the area. Can’t wait!

Stayed: October 2017, traveled solo
Kitt M, Owner at Bluefield Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2018

I am sorry to have missed responding you your review earlier. We appreciate that you took the time to describe your experience at the Inn. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed October 10, 2017

We were in the Murphy Brown suite. We had a private entrance, large bathroom, large flat screen tv and comfortable amenities. The Inn used the honor system for beverages. This is nice because not all are so trusting. The keepers were pleasant and informative. The artwork is terrific. The stained glass windows were not like any other that I had seen. We would be happy to stay here again.

Room Tip: The two upper rear rooms have a separate private entrance.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled solo
Kitt M, Owner at Bluefield Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2018

Thank you for your lovely review of the Inn and I am sorry that I didn't respond sooner. Your review snuck past me. When we purchased the Inn we were particularly enchanted by the architecture, windows and lighting fixtures and feel that our art fits well in the downstairs area. Please come again.

Reviewed October 9, 2017 via mobile

This was not our first stay in a B&B and we were used to the comforts and ammenities typically offered. We were here for 3 nights and enjoyed it. The room was cozy with our own air conditioner and bathroom, we stayed in the Martha Washington room on the second floor which has a private balcony entrance and parking area. The bathroom was bif enough for us, although if someone else is showering, you will not have water pressure, just drizzle. The bed was comfortable minus the pillows, we just sank into those and we are used to more firm pillows, but to each their own, we didnt die. The downstairs is lovely with a pool table, piano, patio sitting area on the porch and a kitchen and dining area. Breakfast everyday was different which I liked. It always started with a fruit cup of some kind of fresh fruit then the main course and coffee/tea/water/juice. The only thing I could have asked for was milk. Check in and out were easy and if we needed anything the owner and staff were friendly. We had no problems. I will say they have 2 dogs, a bulldog whom I didnt see or interact with until check out and an older yorkie who was present at breakfast begging for leftovers because shes an escape artist so keep that in mind if you do not like dogs. There is also a big fat black cat I had the pleasure of making friends with although he was an outside cat we didn't exchange names. Overall, I would stay here again.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Kitt M, Owner at Bluefield Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review the Inn and for alerting me to two areas where we need to have better communication with the guests. Pillows: we have all types of pillows available upon request and use the softer ones as our go to because they are what most guests prefer. Milk: we have organic milk available upon request. I will find a way to communicate these types of matters better. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again!