“Wild Wonderful WV”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Bluefield
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Wild Wonderful WV”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

My husband an I stayed here for the Christmas Holiday 2013. There was some snow but this did not prevent travel up the hill to the hotel. They salted the hill for travel. The staff was really nice. They were a little slow about bringing towel that I had requested but they were very professional. The buffet breakfast selection was small but fulfilling and tasty

Room Tip: small selection buffet but the food is great
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
kbowman, General Manager at Quality Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
I am so glad to hear you enjoyd your stay with us. Thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Southlake, Texas
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Based on older reviews of this hotel, I was not expecting much from this hotel.But, it was for just 1 day. I was very surprised. The room was nice and clean. The location was easy to access from Hwy.460. The staff was very friendly. I would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
kbowman, General Manager at Quality Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
THank you for taking time to write the kind comments about your stay. Our staff always strives to be friendly and make everyone feel like they are family and that this is your home away from home. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Clean rooms, comfortable bed with fluffy, warm comforter, efficient heating/cooling in the room, SUPER FRIENDLY staff, great FREE breakfast with sausage links, eggs, waffles, etc. Good value overall. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013
I am thrilled to hear about your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon. We get quite a bit of feedback about our breakfast. THanks for taking the time to share your experience with others.
Chesterfield, Virginia
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We were visiting with family members and were booked to stay (2) nights. We checked for bed bugs as usual- nothing. Then when my son pulled back his bed linen he found a urine spot on them. My husband immediately called the front desk to complain and they offered us to move to another room. He went to check the 2nd room out. When he went to check for bed bugs under the mattress there was a deflated blow up doll. He was totally outraged. He called the front desk and said we were leaving. If this is what you call "Housekeeping" my family will not stay here or recommend this hotel. We had already drove 5 hours to get here and by this time it was 11:30pm. We had to repack our things and find another hotel- we went to Holiday Inn-Princeton, WV. It was about 1:30AM before we went to bed. Although the Assistant Manager offered us a discount for a suite at the Quality Inn- we declined as we were disgusted by the uncleanliness of this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Donna F
I apologize for the experience you encountered at our hotel. This is not typical from our Housekeeping Dept. I have addressed the matter with the person who cleaned these rooms and as the Asst Manager had communicated with you, he is no longer in our Houseekeping Dept. It is important to us that all rooms are clean for our guest. I hope to see you again soon. Also, feel free to have your family stop by at anytime to take tour of our hotel and they will no see anything like you experienced. Thanks for taking the time to fill out this about your stay and I do once again apologize and hope to see you soon.

Travelers are raving about these Bluefield hotels

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

Large clean rooms, small clean bathrooms, very friendly staff, good breakfast with eggs, sausage,etc, good tv choices, easy access to rooms. Lots of parking. Enjoyed my stay, location up on a hill for good views.
And I am being impressed by this chain the mor I stay.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
I am glad to hear about your recent stay at our Hotel.

I am glad you found our staff very friendly. WE always make sure we treat every guest like they are family.

We always make sure to do our best to ensure all rooms are clean.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed October 18, 2013

View out the window (looking across the valley) first thing in the morning was beautiful.

Staff was awesome from the reception, to the breakfast, to checkout. Wonderful, friendly people.

Room as good with comfy beds, but they do need some updating (especially in the bathrooms)

Room Tip: No elevators for a two story hotel so plan accordingly.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
I am so glad you were able to enjoy the scenry at our hotel. I think we are so fortunate to sit up on the mountain. It's like we are a mini resort away from everything.

Thank you for the commenting about our staff. They always try to make everyone that stays feel comfortable and enjoy their stay.

We look forward to seeing you again.
Richmondville, NY
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

We were traveling on vacation south on motorcycle. Unfortunately, we were involved in a minor accident and had to have our motorcycle towed to Coles Harley Davidson. This hotel was close for the tow truck driver to drop us off.

The staff has been very friendly and helpful while we are here for three days with no vehicle. The room is spacious and clean. The front entrance should have something done about all of the cigarette butts laying every where. We were having breakfast the first morning when an employee had just been fired and was yelling in the lobby with all of the staff gathering for the show. That event should have been handled in a different private manor.

Continental breakfast is included and I must say the biscuits are some of the best I have ever had in a hotel. The lounge is only open from 5-9. The bar tender/cook/Dj is awesome. There were some workers there that had stayed there before who just stopped in to say hi.

As we had no transportation, we were given the name of The Crazy Tomato that delivered. What a great pizza! The owner also had the delivery person run us downtown to get a few items to munch on knowing we were without a vehicle. How nice it is to know there are compassionate people out there.

There is no refrig or laundry service here which would have been nice.

We would stay here again and thank everyone for assisting us with our extended stay. Hopefully, we are back on the road tomorrow.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
I am glad we were able to help you during your troubled travel experience.

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us.

THanks for bragging upon our staff. They always try to go the extra mile for all of our guests.

I do apologize about the show by the former employee. It had been handled in a private area but unfortunately the former employee decided to make it public to everyone. Once again, sorry you had to wistness that behavior.

As you can tell our staff is a happy group and they want to make sure all guest are happy too.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bluefield
Econo Lodge Near Bluefield College
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Princeton
Hampton Inn Princeton
Hampton Inn Princeton
#2 of 15 in Princeton

Been to Quality Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!