Econo Lodge Near Bluefield College
Hotels.com
$129
Hampton.com
$65
All reviewscomfortable bedsclose proximityone night staythe ownervatudorgradefacility
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We've stayed here before, and it gets worse all the time. This will be our last visit. The rooms are small, and they stink. The furniture looks like it hasn't been replaced in years, although when we were her the last time, it looked like they were replacing some of it, along with some carpeting. The bathroom was filthy with visible mold on the floor and tub - I wouldn't even go in there with my shoes off, and I waited until the next day when we reached our destination to shower. The phone didn't work, and neither did the TV. The mattress was soft and lumpy, as were the pillows. The continental breakfast is a joke, served in a room about the size of a bathroom, and is only good if you like coffee with a piece of toast or cereal. People screaming at each other all night, in other rooms and in the parking lot (this visit and past visits). The staff is very nice, but it doesn't make up for the place being a complete dive.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms here
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank StBerpuppy
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I recently stayed at the Econo Lodge in Bluefield when transitioning between homes. This is by far the best customer service I have ever received at a hotel. The staff was amazing. This is the most important part of a hotel stay for me, and I never had any issues during my entire extended stay. They were always very friendly and helpful. Beyond that, the hotel was quiet and the newly renovated rooms were great. I would absolutely recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank BrandyMala
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We found this place to be VERY restful with CLEAN comfortable beds and courteous service. It wasn't hard to find after a short distance from I-77 N at Bluefield WVA. along US 52.The price for a room and a KING bed was only 62.00 (includes tax).
Understand , we aren't given to writing reviews unless it's warranted. Their renovations are definitely helpful. If you want a Marriott - type place then go find it and PAY for it !

Room Tip: First floor rooms were easily available
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NolonT53
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I got what I deserved for trying to save 20 bucks. In addition to the motel not honoring the priceline booking price, the condition was awful. The door of the room was hard to open and close and would not lock properly. The room smelled awful. Toilet did not work even after manager came out in the middle of the night to work it. We had to use the bathroom at the wendy's across the street. I have contacted choice hotels to ask how this place can even have a one star rating.

Room Tip: avoid this hotel
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Charles B
Reviewed August 8, 2013

It is a newly renovated facility with a few restaurants within walking distance. It is complete with an outdoor grill and refrigerators in the rooms. The staff personnel were also very accommodating. Overall, this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013