“Motle Hell is a more appropriate name” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Near Bluefield College

Econo Lodge Near Bluefield College
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bluefield
Fountain Inn, Sc
“Motle Hell is a more appropriate name”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I got what I deserved for trying to save 20 bucks. In addition to the motel not honoring the priceline booking price, the condition was awful. The door of the room was hard to open and close and would not lock properly. The room smelled awful. Toilet did not work even after manager came out in the middle of the night to work it. We had to use the bathroom at the wendy's across the street. I have contacted choice hotels to ask how this place can even have a one star rating.

Room Tip: avoid this hotel
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Charles B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Gryon, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

It is a newly renovated facility with a few restaurants within walking distance. It is complete with an outdoor grill and refrigerators in the rooms. The staff personnel were also very accommodating. Overall, this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank hmac09
Crystal Lake, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Our family of nine stayed there one night on our way to NC. We had three rooms, two beds each. Were we able to sleep? Yes. And that's all I can positively say. They had many vacant rooms, but still put us on 2nd floor. I just find that rude. Carpet in the rooms were disgusting. Hair in the shower. Toiletries small and pretty much worthless.

We booked this hotel because of location but also because of the continental breakfast included. What a joke. Awful coffee, no fruit, not even bananas but worst of all was the day old boxed mini donuts. Really?? I really wanted to save money on breakfast before heading out early the next morning, but we had to stop for food anyway, since no one ate.

We went to put some items in the in room mini fridge and the seal was black with mold and falling off. Yikes.

But the worst part was that my niece realized she left her necklace on the bathroom counter several hours after leaving. We made numerous calls and they were VERY unhelpful. I hope the maid (I.e. OWNERS) get many years of enjoyment out of a sentimental piece of jewelry.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Germantown
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I booked this hotel thru their website for a two night stay. When my husband and I arrived after driving for several hours, we were told that cats were not permitted, only dogs, and was directed to a piece of paper taped to the wall that said "cats not permitted." My husband and I have stayed at several pet friendly hotels and have never encountered a hotel that only allowed dogs, but advertised that it was "pet friendly." Luckily, I saw a sign for a Quality Inn as we got back on the Interstate to find another hotel. If you are looking for a truly "pet friendly" hotel in Bluefield, West Virginia, I highly recommend the Quality Inn.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hudson, NH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We spent one night in May 2013. The room was clean. The bed was comfortable. The room had a fridge. The building is being renovated, so some of the rooms are not in use. We would stay here again. No much to do in the vicinity however.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Ashland, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

There were bed bugs. They said they had trouble with bed bugs in our room but replaced bedding. That is not adequate in ridding a room of bed bugs. My sister and I got bites just has we got out of bed. When we called the hotel later that day , we were informed that they had bugs in that room. Yech!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
2 Thank Diana B
Bluefield
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The rooms were nice enough for the price. Check in was confussing, the attendant had trouble confirming the reservations I had made online. Forget breakfast, there was very little offered. We ended up going to a fast food place on our way to our appointment. I probably will not stay there again

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bluefield
Quality Hotel and Conference Center
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#17 of 20 in Wytheville
3.5 of 5 stars 46 reviews

Been to Econo Lodge Near Bluefield College? Share your experiences!