“Disappointed”
Review of The West Virginia Room - CLOSED

The West Virginia Room
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Stopped here for lunch this past Wed. We used to stop here annually on our way to vacation in NC and have usually enjoyed the meal, but it has been several years since our last stop. This time was a disappointment.
1. Service was indifferent (FYI to management: our receipt indicates server #1) and neglectful. Server did not even ask us if we wanted a beverage to start. Didn't even have a pot of coffee ready to pour.
2. Menu was limited to say the least. We were told the kitchen was out of chicken. Who runs out of chicken?! They were out of other items too. Sweet potato fries were over-done. Portobello mushroom sandwich was overcooked and actually tooth-resistant and we got the last one of those.
3. Decor needs to be spruced up. Granted it's supposed to be a Colonial atmosphere, but fresh paint and clean carpets would be nice.
We understand there has been a recent change of ownership. We hope they address these shortcomings.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I enjoyed that the West Virginia Room was convenient to get to as it is located in The Country Inn. The service was top notch!

Reviewed July 29, 2012

The perfect place for guests of the hotel to dine. The menu is great, but more than a few items were not available.

Reviewed May 8, 2012

Lunch was tasty and plenty for leftovers! Only complaint was I asked to switch cheeses on my sandwich and that was overlooked. However, the waitress made our table sweet tea upon our request, so over all that was redeeming! Would go back.

Reviewed April 15, 2012

The last time I ate at the Country Inn was literally during a changeover of management. We sat, and sat, and sat... No information until we finally heard the problem was (apparently) a flying changeover of management including (also, apparently) the kitchen staff. That was several years ago, and I had avoided the place until a couple of days ago. I was very pleased with my lunch meal -- perfectly cooked sliders that were very interesting. I have not tried the menu beyone this one meal, but the prospects seem excellent.

Service was perfect and WV-friendly (including a disucssion of ramps since they were garnishes for the day).