“AMAZING”

Lot 12 Public House
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 2, 2008

I would have never expected such an amazing restaurant in this little town. The food was of five star quality. The service left a little to be desired but they were busy so it wasn't a problem. They have a great wine selection and the food was perfect. Also the dress code is relaxed so don't worry about getting dressed to the nines to enjoy the great food.

3  Thank jt3611

Reviewed July 29, 2008

We had 5 for dinner, and the food was great. The service was NOT (and this was different from our last experience here, when service was excellent). Dishes came out at different times. Long waits between courses. I had to sit and watch my companions eat desert for 10 minutes - and then mine finally arrived. No offer of discounts.
I was disappointed as we brought family members there for the first time and had hoped for a nice experience. Well, at the least the food was good -fish, beef. All excellent - although the portions of rockfish were quite small. Hopefully, this was just an off night....

1  Thank birdwatcherplus
Reviewed March 18, 2008

Amazing service and food on a recent Sunday evening in this beautiful public house. Cozy and warm the food is better than recent meals I've had in big-cities. Such a welcome surprise just off the main road and close to our B&B. Also, very very reasonably priced for the level of quality and service. I left feeling giddy from the discovery of this gem.

2  Thank RileyM1980
Reviewed February 14, 2008

This is definitely an upscale Restaurant and the best in Berkeley Springs. I took my wife here for her birthday and we were not disappointed. If you have a chance to go here I would go. You will have to make reservations as the restaurant is small. The food is displayed and prepared excellently. The ambiance and decor were very nice as well, we sat next to the Fireplace. I would HIGHLY recommend Lot 12 to anyone!

2  Thank nwhiteiii
Reviewed October 23, 2007

My husband and I dined at Lot 12 on Saturday, October 20th. We had a reservation at 8pm and were immediately shown to our table. I was given a window seat with a cushion to sit on and 4 pillows surrounding me. It was very comfortable! I ordered the Rex Goliath Pinot Grigio which was excellent. It had a crisp but light flavor and was chilled. We ordered the calamari appetizer which was served with red peppers and bread. It was to die for, and I'm still thinking about it! For our entrees, I chose the crisped duck which was served with pear chutney, smashed potatoes, and green beans. It was cooked to perfection. My husband had the scallops served over pasta, and he loved it. We were too full for dessert. We had excellent service. Our waitress was extremely attentitive. We thoroughly enjoyed our evening at Lot 12. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Berkeley Springs.

5  Thank nittanygator2