“Very Accommodating”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Pub, Grill
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 1, 2014

My wife and I wandered in after a day sightseeing. The bartender/manager seated us outside, as we requested. The portions were huge. The steak was exceptional, and the service was above and beyond what I expected. Allowing us to eat outside added about a sixty yard walk to our server's trip to our table.

There are newer reviews for Parkview Restaurant and Tavern

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Gracious servers, ready smiles, very welcoming... The food was perfect. I am quite choosy, preferring really good salads with dressing on the side. Loved the salmon, and it was done perfectly every time, well done, as i asked. I am a frequently guest at the inn, sometimes with friends, sometimes alone. We've eaten in both bar areas, as well as the dining room, depending on our mood, and never been disappointed.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

I recently visited the Country Inn after its reopening. I missed hanging out in the beautiful lobby and the cozy bar. The building looks better than ever and it’s so nice to see the centerpiece of downtown Berkeley Springs alive and well. Hearing that the former manager of Harry’s Tap Room in D.C. would be running the restaurant, I was sure the food would be above par for the town. Sadly, I was mistaken. The wine menu was short and uninteresting. The food menu is also limited and contains entrees that can be found at any diner in town. The only saving grace for my meal was our waiter, George. He was fantastic! Hopefully they will improve the menu to be more in-line with the caliber of the hotel.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Food portions are too large; quality is very low. Typical bag and boil/microwave fare of a bus stop diner. If you are seeking huge quantities of food for a reasonable price, this could be your place. If you are expecting an exceptional fine dining establishment, avoid - there are better places to visit. Do not expect homemade, fresh or local food - this is frozen food/processed food straight off the Sysco truck. Cole Slaw was served in its original plastic portioned container from the food purveyor - not even placed in a separate dish or on the lunch plate with the sandwich. Service is fair, atmosphere is very nice - which belies the food quality. Server could speak in softer tones - loud voice was disruptive in the restaurant. Made two visits, not returning.

1  Thank wonderingtraveler58
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

We had excellent burgers here tonight. They were fresh, juicy and perfectly cooked. Paired up with a Coors light draft it was a perfect Friday night meal.