“Above average for the locale”
Review of Tari's Cafe

Tari's Cafe
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Exquisite cuisine, with inventive recipes served i an upscale casual environment, browse local art while dining in the Gallery setting.
Reviewed April 12, 2013

My teenage daughters and I ate at Tari's our first night in Berkeley Springs. It is a cute local art gallery and cafe. Service was friendly and efficient. I had the comfy dinner of fried chicken and mashed potatoes. The fried chicken had a wonderful crust but was a boneless chicken breast. I prefer my fried chicken on the bone. My younger daughter had the roast chicken and mashed potatoes. She did not like the chicken. She said it was rubbery and under cooked. My other daughter had the half serving of crab cake which was the perfect portion and a nice option for her. She liked it. It came with garlic linguine which was nicely cooked and flavorful. She ate it all. all entrees came with a house salad and warm bread. I had the w.v. Moonshine cocktail. It has fruit and peach schnapps so it tastes kind of like rum punch. I liked it but one was enough. We had 3 desserts, the ny cheesecake, creme brûlée and triple threat chocolate cake. We finished all but the cheesecake and that is only because we were full. Loved the creme brûlée because it was warm on top from having been freshly caramelized and cold on the bottom. The triple chocolate threat was wonderful for a chocoholic. Dense chocolate ganache with a rich frosting and cake. We would visit Tari's again if we were in the area but would not make a special trip just to eat here.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Stopped here for lunch on a trip from Pittsburgh to Richmond. We were greeted at the door by a hostess and we were seated promptly. Our server arrived at the table quickly, was back in a few moments with our beverages and took our order. My wife had the Grilled Chicken Flat Bread and I had the Beef and Boursin Panini. The sandwiches arrived in short order and they were both very tasty. The Beef and Boursin came with a small salad as the side. The lettuce was crisp and the house vinaigrette was very nice. The panini was properly warm throughout and delicious with the house made boursin cheese. The Grilled Chicken was on a bed of mixed lettuce and was also delicious. It was accompanied by chips and fresh salsa that had just a hint of heat. Our request for "to-go" cups for some ice tea the road was no problem and they arrived at the table in a few minutes. The cafe is also an art gallery so the cafe is pleasing to the eyes and the palate.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Had a chef salad and ice tea. Everyone was very nice. Food was excellent: fresh and inventive. The restaurant is also a gallery and I particularly enjoyed the art on the walls. Will definitely return and bring a big bunch with me for a celebration dinner.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Late lunch, early dinner with two teens and a younger child. The bar had very loud customers so we went to the seated area- very nice. The hostess gave us the dinner menu which was too expensive and too much for what we were looking for. she gave us the lunch menu but went on and on how they usually can't do that and since they weren't busy they would serve off the lunch menu- made us a bit uncomfortable. The food was very good and the art in the room is beautiful.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Great place for lunch, dinner, couples, friends, business or special events. Excellent food, desserts and hooch. Interesting art on walls. Very friendly service and clientele. Restaurants often come and go, but Tari's has been really good for quite a while. The owner is still as enthusiastic as she was when she bought the place a few years ago.