“Tasty treats at Tari's”
Review of Tari's Cafe

Tari's Cafe
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Exquisite cuisine, with inventive recipes served i an upscale casual environment, browse local art while dining in the Gallery setting.
Reviewed March 23, 2008

Stopped in a Tari's Cafe while in town to experience the mineral springs (first timers) in Mar 08. We thoroughly enjoyed our lunch at Tari's. They had a very nice menu and the atmosphere was pleasant and comfortable. The waitstaff were very friendly but very busy (it was Saturday) so service was a little bit slow - understandably since it was so crowded. At no point did we feel neglected, however. I would highly recommend a lunch at Tari's and will certainly go back again when in town.

2  Thank TwoTravelersToG... A

Reviewed January 3, 2008

My husband and I had dinner for our anniversary at Tari's last night. We dined in the Gallery room, which is pretty much a dining room with art for sale on display. Very simple and nice. We ordered the cheddar artichoke jalepeno dip for appetizer- it was superb. The Snow Goose Winter Ale featured beer my husband had was awesome. The entrees were another story. I had the Pasta Chesapeake which was pretty average. In my opinion, it didnt have much flavor. My husband had a NY strip with horseradish bourbon sauce...the toughest steak he's ever had in his life. At first we thought it was the knife, so we asked for a sharper knife. It was the steak. The glasses on our table were shaking as he attempted to cut the steak. The waitress did take a portion of the bill of because of the steak and brought out a very thoughtful "Happy Anniversary" dessert on the house. The waitress was very attentive and excellent. The bill was $60 with the free dessert and some taken off for the steak. I am by no means a cheap skate and dine out quite frequently, but I would not call the dinner at Tari's a $60 meal. I may stop in for appetizers and drinks again, but certainly not for a meal.

2  Thank wheninroam05
Reviewed October 21, 2007

The menu was fairly eclectic and offers something for everyone. The service was timely and cordial and the food was excellent. Not to menion, the art gallery atmosphere offers plenty of eye candy while you enjoy your meal.

2  Thank naptown_r1ck
Reviewed August 5, 2007

We visited Tari's June 14th for lunch on a Thurday. It was quite crowded and definitely popular. The restaurant has an adjacent bar, which was busy. It has historic charm with contemporary decor. Refreshingly, our friendly server was aware of celiac needs, and was able to suggest items off the menu that could be prepared gluten free, and they were. The food and service were excellent. I will be visiting again.

2  Thank celiacwashdc
Reviewed June 3, 2007

My wife and I are repeat visitors to Berkeley Springs and always make sure to eat dinner at Tari's at least one time during our stays. We always enjoy the friendly service and the delicious food, as well as the ambience of the main dining room which boasts an eclectic combination of displays by local artisans. We also find that the menu items are reasonably priced and the portions are plentiful. Although you may want to order everything from soup to nuts, try and keep some room for their delicious desserts!

1  Thank RevLou