“great breakfast place”

Diddy's Diner
pittsburgh
“great breakfast place”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

this place was recommended to us by our waitress at the panorama a restaurant we love. so...we went the next day...breakfast was really good. Home-made sausage patties, creamy grits, decent coffee, eggs cooked to order...friendly waitress...place a little busy for one person but then we came back for dinner and not many people were there...

as i said great breakfast place...good value good breakfast...dinner was not so...portions were small, meatloaf was dry... but the mac-n-chesse was good!

will go back for breakfast!

• Visited August 2014

Berkeley Springs, West Virginia
“Simple food that's good!”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

My husband and I stopped in for breakfast a few weeks ago. We were the first customers of the day but by the time we finished our breakfast, the place was getting busy.

Browsing the menu, my suspicions were confirmed. As with most 'diners' the vegetarian offerings are slim except for breakfast. There's standard 'diner' fare throughout the menu but they do have a "Rabbit Food" section on their menu - literally that's what it's called and I love the humor there - with salads for those of us who eschew meat, poultry and fish.

Our breakfast was great. Eggs were cooked to my specifications, food was served hot and our waitress was always at the ready for anything we needed. If a plate overflowing with huge portions is your thing then head for one of those greasy spoon chains like IHOP because Diddy's serves up portions like you used to get back in the good 'ole days - generous but not ridiculous.

Over all for a $7 breakfast, I think its good value for a locally owned eatery. The only reason for not giving it 5 Stars is the lack of any veggie protein-based lunch or dinner options for vegetarians. A simple veggie burger would be great.

• Visited July 2014
“Good Meat & Potatoes Kind of Place”
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

We tries Diddy's on a whim on a Saturday night. It was not very busy, but the waitress and owner made it a pleasant visit.

I had meatloaf. My dining companion had mac and cheese. Both were very good.

At the time of our visit, there was no liquor license.

We would go back again, no problem.

Berkeley Springs, West Virginia
“stock up dude”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

We went to the Friday Fish fry and when we got there he was out. So I ordered pork chops,he was out of those as well. My third choice was the Alfredo chicken served with egg noodles. There was no alfredo and he was out of egg noodles so it was served with macaroni and just a little bit of cheese. It was so bland that me and my husband couldn't finish it. The waitress that night was off her toes. We had to wait and then ask for refills. We almost left before we got our food.
I've been for breakfast and lunch and they are pretty good but supper left us hungry and disappointed. I tipped the 10% out of politeness but was very reluctant to do so. That's bad business Bro.

Visited March 2014
Wild & Scenic Pennsylvania
“Excellent Meals and Recipes”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Every meal is good but their Friday Night Fish Fry is the BEST I've had - better than entrees elsewhere at twice the price - even better than Fish n Chips I had in London.

My only suggestion is that they add softer lighting rather than all fluorescent - perhaps over each table or something. Otherwise, good, clean, friendly and delicious

• Visited January 2014