“Great evening”
Review of Angus & Ale

Angus & Ale
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Williamstown, New Jersey
“Great evening”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Stayed at the Best Western and dined at the Angus and Ale restaurant...with my sisters..the Crab cakes were the BEST I ever had,,,and my sister had the steak,,,so tender and tasty ...my other sister enjoyed the salmon...cooked to prefection...Service was excellent we were very well informed of specials and the pride the chef takes in preparing each and every meal...Look forward to returning there soon,

• Visited July 2012
11 Thank Kathleen_S_1216

EastCoast
“ugh”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

ordered some dip, the chips were stale. the pepsi was flat. the steaks had absolutely no taste. the french fries were obviously frozen and microwaved. we won't be back, ever.

• Visited June 2012
Charles Town, West Virginia
“Nice change from home.”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I usually head to Martinsburg for dining out but decided to keep heading out of town on rt. 9 to Berkeley Springs. It's been a few years since I've been there and I definilty intend to go back and try a few more places that have popped up since my last visit. I chose this place after driving around and using my bb gps to find ribs. I was hoping that when I got there my friends would find something they liked also. Started with a cheesy crab dip. YUM!! We asked for more chips beause there was still dip left....a rarity. Always too many chips and not enough dip. I did go for the ribs but paired with steamed shrimp. Ribs were very moist with a bitey bbq sauce. Shrimp was cooked to perfection, not huge but a good size. One friend got the chicken alfredo pasta. We were all impressed. So many places say their sauce is homemade but you can tell it's prepackaged. This sauce had cheese and garlic you could taste and see. The other friend got the crab cakes. Again, very good. Broiled and alot of flavor. We had two desserts to split. A very rich fudgey like chocolate cake and a cheesecake with bananas that was deepfried. We opted for vanilla ice cream with the fried dessert. We had a nice relaxed time there. while we were finishing our desserts and coffee we all agreed this had to do a review. Can't wait to go back and try another place and do another review. This is fun.

• Visited June 2012
9 Thank Enwe L
Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Not worth finding”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

If we hadn't asked at another restaurant, I'm not sure we would have found the place and it really wasn't worth the trouble. The food was actually pretty good but had been left sitting just a bit too long. The fettucine alfredo was good, my BBQ/bacon chicken sandwich very tasty and the other couple's food (shrimp and burger) were also OK. Our waitress mixed up a wine order and did not offer to correct and another glass of "sparkling" wine had the essence of "shower curtain" with notes of "beach ball". They did have a list of very interesting "conversation starters" at the table so we passed the long time waiting for our server to come back several times in laughter. All in all, not a terrible experience but one we won't repeat any time soon.

• Visited April 2012
4 Thank Dan P
tom l, Owner at Angus & Ale, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
I thank you for your honest assessment of our establishment; Too often people come and go and may have been disappointed for this reason or that. When the owners and managers are not made aware of the situation when the guest is with us then there is little we can do to salvage the evening for them. At least with surveys we may address any issues after the fact.
As a small business owner every single guest is important and we strive only for 100 % satisfaction. This is not possible but it is definitely the desired result. Unfortunately we are forced to depend on others to do some of the work for us. Some will do a great job on our behalf and others not so much. Without feedback from guests such as yourselves owners may have no idea that a problem even exists. Thank You again for your feedback and please in the future always let management know of any problems as i'm sure had we known, your experience would have been much better.
Berkeley Springs, West Virginia
“like they're living on a wing and a prayer”
Reviewed January 18, 2012

sorry ... but not a lot good i can say
low-quality food
don't make me go back there in my memory

2 Thank luvs2tvl