“The Worst!”

Reno
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Worst!”
Reviewed October 29, 2009

The worst spa experience I have ever had. Bad massage with some guy bruising my back with his elbow & an even worse facial. I still had makeup and mask left on my face when I left. I have literally had a better experience at the beauty school. It also felt like an office building and not a spa. Don't waste your money!

1 Thank Lorie33
bathouse, manager at The Bath House, responded to this review, October 30, 2009
It is unfortunate that this guest had a disappointing visit at our spa. We set our standards very high. Our therapists and staff strive to make sure our guests have a very relaxing enjoyable experience. We ask and encourage our guests to let us know if at anytime they are uncomfortable with any part of their service. Our therapist take pride in the services they offer and want only for the client to be pleased.

Washington, DC
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Wonderful Couples Massage”
Reviewed October 13, 2009

My husband and I planned a couples massage at the Bath House spa to start off our day at the Berkeley Springs Apple Butter Festival this past weekend. We love a good massage and have frequented many of DC's day spas as well as several of the most highly recommended weekend spas in the area.

We both agreed that the massage we received at the Bath House was on a par with the best we've received anywhere. The therapy room was well prepared, had a good ambiance and our therapists -- Vicky and Zilleen --were really in synch with each other, something we haven't always experienced in a couples massage. We also both loved their technique in working the stress out of our hands and feet!

I also want to compliment the thoughtfulness of the person who booked my appointment. She warned me to expect a major traffic back-up because of the Apple Butter festival parade. Had she not done so, we likely would have arrived very late or missed our appointment entirely.

We will definitely return here on a future visit!

2 Thank WeekendAdventurers
MD
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Very Nice”
Reviewed September 27, 2009

Couldn't quite give it 4 but it's better than 3. My experience at the Bath House was nice. Not outstanding. Little things such as a robe would be nice. My daughter received one, however I was not offered one. The lady who did my facial was very nice and pleasant. She did an excellent job on the massage. The foot massage was an added bonus that I wasn't expecting. Once in a blue moon I'll take my daughter to have a facial. We usually go to a place in Urbana and enjoy it quite a bit but I thought a change in scenery would be nice. Generally the place we usually go will give you a glass of lemon water or tea and you get into a robe while you wait. The BH experience was very nice but could use some added touches.

1 Thank Mousy
Cleveland, OH
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A Fabulous Place to Stay in Berkeley Springs!!”
Reviewed September 14, 2009

My husband and I just got back home from staying 3 nights at the Bath House on Fairfax Street for our 25th year anniversary. It took us 5 hours in the car driving to get there. When we arrived we were greated and given a tour of our suite, which is located right above The Bath House. The Suite was very modern. A nice sized living room with a very comfortable couch, a flat screen TV, a comfortable sitting chair, a small table for two over looking the state park. There was also a beautiful kitchen area with a refrigerator, stove and microwave. There is one separate bedroom and a separate bath in the suite as well. The bedroom has a flat screen TV and a very comfortable bed with nice lines (they iron the sheets!). The bathroom was very nice and modern as well with a real tile floor and very soft towells (the kitchen floor is tiled too). The carpeting looked brand new, we took our shoes off at the door each time we entered because it was so nice we didn't want to dirty it. The whole suite was immaculate. I have never seen a cleaner place in my whole life!!

After we were shown our room, we got ready for a couples massage. Wow, I can't tell you how nice it was! The atmosphere was very peaceful and tranquil. The lighting was dim, there were candles lit and very soft music playing. We had the best 2 massagers; Vickie and John. There were great, very nice, polite and gave fabulous massages!!! They really worked the tension out, we were both so relaxed when we left.

If you go to Berkeley Springs, you must stay at the Bath House on Fairfax Street. It is located right next to the coffee house. There are two suites and we saw both of them, they are equally new and modern and great, both with views of the state park. Everything is in walking distance. We have stayed at most of the other hotels in Berkeley Springs and this place is the best hands down! We will be staying here the next time we come to town for sure.

2 Thank Skater36
Morgantown WV
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Bath House is a must.”
Reviewed May 25, 2009

My G/f and I traveled to Berkeley Springs for the weekend. The Bath House took us in on short notice. They were great. The atmosphere is amazing. It is very peaceful. The lady who did our facials was kind but kind of extreme on some of her political views and a few stray comments that could have been left unsaid. Colt and Vicky did our massages and we opted for the deep tissue and they are amazing. I felt so loose and revived after they were finished. I am two days removed from the massage and am still feeling the positive effects.

The owner is very kind and spoke to us personally after we had finished. I plan on going back soon and renting one of the suites available there.

The pricing for the couples package is very afforable in comparison with other spas in the area.

2 Thank wvudmac