“A Fabulous Place to Stay in Berkeley Springs!!”
Review of The Bath House - CLOSED

The Bath House
More attraction details
Owner description: Business Closed
Reviewed September 14, 2009

My husband and I just got back home from staying 3 nights at the Bath House on Fairfax Street for our 25th year anniversary. It took us 5 hours in the car driving to get there. When we arrived we were greated and given a tour of our suite, which is located right above The Bath House. The Suite was very modern. A nice sized living room with a very comfortable couch, a flat screen TV, a comfortable sitting chair, a small table for two over looking the state park. There was also a beautiful kitchen area with a refrigerator, stove and microwave. There is one separate bedroom and a separate bath in the suite as well. The bedroom has a flat screen TV and a very comfortable bed with nice lines (they iron the sheets!). The bathroom was very nice and modern as well with a real tile floor and very soft towells (the kitchen floor is tiled too). The carpeting looked brand new, we took our shoes off at the door each time we entered because it was so nice we didn't want to dirty it. The whole suite was immaculate. I have never seen a cleaner place in my whole life!!

After we were shown our room, we got ready for a couples massage. Wow, I can't tell you how nice it was! The atmosphere was very peaceful and tranquil. The lighting was dim, there were candles lit and very soft music playing. We had the best 2 massagers; Vickie and John. There were great, very nice, polite and gave fabulous massages!!! They really worked the tension out, we were both so relaxed when we left.

If you go to Berkeley Springs, you must stay at the Bath House on Fairfax Street. It is located right next to the coffee house. There are two suites and we saw both of them, they are equally new and modern and great, both with views of the state park. Everything is in walking distance. We have stayed at most of the other hotels in Berkeley Springs and this place is the best hands down! We will be staying here the next time we come to town for sure.

2  Thank Skater36

Reviewed May 25, 2009

My G/f and I traveled to Berkeley Springs for the weekend. The Bath House took us in on short notice. They were great. The atmosphere is amazing. It is very peaceful. The lady who did our facials was kind but kind of extreme on some of her political views and a few stray comments that could have been left unsaid. Colt and Vicky did our massages and we opted for the deep tissue and they are amazing. I felt so loose and revived after they were finished. I am two days removed from the massage and am still feeling the positive effects.

The owner is very kind and spoke to us personally after we had finished. I plan on going back soon and renting one of the suites available there.

The pricing for the couples package is very afforable in comparison with other spas in the area.

2  Thank wvudmac
A TripAdvisor Member
Rockville, MD
Reviewed June 11, 2006

The Bathhouse was just OK. The spa looks more like an office than a relaxing spa, and this was the first thing that turned me off. It just did not have that serene feel. I almost felt like I was at the doctor's office. I got the Aroma Spa, which was nice, and the Sugar Body Scrub. I had to wait in between sessions but kind of felt like they didn’t know what to do with me. My husband got the scalp massage and was annoyed that the technician talked to him the entire time! He just wanted to relax and instead got her whole life story. Overall, although I enjoyed my treatments, I felt that the setting could have been more spa-like and relaxing and that they should have had a better way of dealing with you between appointments. There is a shop next to the spa that is very nice, selling many different types of bath and body products.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
bathouse, owner at The Bath House, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2009

The Bath House Day Spa went under new ownership in April 2007. We have taken special care to turn it into a serene spa setting. We now offer couples massage along with many other types of massage and specialty skin treatments. If you haven't visited us in awhile please check us out. We would love to meet you.

Reviewed April 29, 2006

I have been going to Berkeley Springs, West Virignia about 5 times a year for the past 5 years on a regular basis. The Bath House Spa is an absolute MUST for each trip. I am a massage therapist and I know the difference between an intelligent, therapeutic massage and routine "parlor" massage. The Bath House has the most intelligent, effective staff of all the places I have been.

We enjoy the hot tub prior to getting our massages. The showers and hot tub are kept immacuately clean. Once tenderized by the whirling jets of the hot tub, we are better able to soak in the deep tissue massage work.

We have not used the facial services. But we can vouch for the efficacy of massages delivered by strictly professional, intelligent, licensed therapists.

Check out their website: (---)

9  Thank Becky_Pultz