“A day at Cacapon State park.”
Review of Cacapon State Park

Cacapon State Park
Reviewed July 18, 2014

I really liked the park, the lakes, the scenery and the lake with the sandy beach. A very nice family resort and place to visit. You will really enjoy it and it is very family friendly.

There are newer reviews for Cacapon State Park

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Beautiful weather, peaceful quiet woods. Not really great views and some parts of our trail were overgrown, but by and large very nice, and we'll be back.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

My husband and I went here to hike, possibly golf, and to lay out on the lake. The lake area left little to be desired if you want quiet; there are many children who will kick some sand on you while having some fun and some adults who like to wrestle. So, if you are looking for peaceful, avoid this part of the park. My husband and I did a quick four mile hike and found the trails easy to navigate and really beautiful views. I wanted to golf while I was there, but I was greeted by a man who demanded to know who I was and seemed reluctant about the driving range, I'm still not sure what that was about, maybe there just aren't many women who go there.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

I can only comment on the swimming beach at Cacapon. Spent the whole day on the beach there ($3), free parking, no entry fee for the park, easy walk down a stone path from the check-in at the bath house. Sandy/stone beach was comfortable. There are a few picnic tables and trash cans, a very small concessions area that had basically hot dogs, chips and ice cream. There were lifeguards on duty but they might have been 15 or 16 years old if they were a day. Restrooms were old and need some attention but the toilets and showers worked. From what I saw of the grounds, the park seems to be well maintained.

4  Thank Susan S
Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

We went to the beach with tbe grandkids. They had school so we got to tbe state park at almost 4:30pm. The beach states it closes at 6pm. We had to pay to get in $3 adult and $2 child. I was surprised they charged full price for us since we couldnt be there earlier but I didnt say anything becuase I figured hey its for the grandkids so whatever. Water was cold but this june weather has been cold. Nice beach nice sand. People were friendly. The problem was the young lifeguards just all sitting togehter talking amongst themselves not really watching the swimmers. Theh must have gotten bored or tired of being there becuase at 5:36pm they blew the whistle and stated that the Beach was closing. What the sign says 6pm? I paid alot of money to swim for an hour!

2  Thank jen13579