Best Western Berkeley Springs Inn
The Country Inn of Berkeley Springs(Berkeley Springs)(Great Value!)
$120
Hotels.com
Berkeley Springs Motel(Berkeley Springs)
$50
Cacapon Resort State Park(Berkeley Springs)(Great Value!)
$95
$57
$126
$65
$92
All reviewsparking lotfront deskno elevatorrestaurant next doorfree breakfastroom was cleanhot breakfastoutdoor poolbreakfast barbiscuits and gravyfirst floorspa roomcomfortable hotelwould stay here againin towngreat place to stayyogurt
Reviewed August 2, 2010

DON"T DO IT! ! The 2nd floor was midlewed and the room not much better we ask for a different room and after several minutes was assigned a room on the 1st floor.
-Unpacked and resting on the bed when heard loud and persistant banging on door- Cheryl at the desk is telling me that we needed to vacate the room that she would have to charge us more for it (it had a 2 person outdoor hot tub w/ a kitchen sink facuet as a filler- yee ha!) andit was allready booked. She need to check these this before assingning to guest huh? Enough stress- we repacked and left. I do recomend "The Country Inn" 1 mile down the road- great price, service and comfey rooms.
- A. Brocato, Hanover, MD

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank baltbirdman
Reviewed July 11, 2009

This is the only chain hotel in the Berkeley Springs area. There are other inns and bed&breakfasts in the area, as well as cabins and home rentals. To find another chain hotel, you would have to travel to Winchester, Martinsburg or west on I-68. This property is quite lovely from the exterior. We had not stayed here previously but were impressed as we arrived - very rustic looking. We stayed a total of two nights. We were very disappointed with the room (#127 or #129) for a few reasons: 1) the hotel is supposed to be newer but the construction appears shoddy and it is not well-maintained, 2) the rooms were NOT clean at all, and 3) insulation from noise is non-existent. Regarding construction and maintenance, the main walls are all stamped with joint compound and then flattened out. There is no wallpaper or paint in the main room. Everything is very "cheap" looking and obviously not well made as furniture, etc. is already wearing out. Where they painted, it is only white primer and you can see shadowboxing where the trim and rolled paint meets. The wood trim appears to have been cut with a hacksaw as the seams are very jagged and do not match up well, if at all. The mirror and light bar in the bathroom were hung off level and it is very obvious. Regarding maintenance, the light bar in the bathroom had multiple bulbs out and the toilet ran the ENTIRE time we were there in spite of reporting it to housekeeping. I like a clean room and usually wipe things down with sanitizing wipes to prevent the spread of any bacteria/disease to my very small children; however, usually I find that the rooms we stay in are very clean. This was NOT the case here. I began wiping doorknobs, remotes, phone, tv, dressers, lamps, etc. off with sanitizing wipes and they were getting BLACK from all the dirt. I was very disappointed. My husband took our children back out to the truck to wait while I cleaned as much as I could. There was nothing I could do about the carpet which had visible dirt on it. I really didn't want to give my children a bath in that nasty and grimey tub, but, after two days of playing outside (sunscreen, sweat, dirt, etc.), I didn't have a choice so I cleaned it as best I could and bathed them quickly while they stood up. There was an envelope with the implication of an expected gratuity for our housekeeper, "Bonnie." Really I didn't feel she merited a tip considering the condition of the room; however, in the end I tipped her because my kids spilled dry cereal and I'm hoping she cleaned that up before the next guests arrived. The noise was terrible in the hotel. Even with the rolled towel under the door trick and music playing, it was very noisy. Any time of day you could hear everyone on your floor and above walking the halls, shutting doors, talking etc. It was difficult to sleep at night as you could hear families and couples coming in to settle for the night and being loud. Its not their fault, its just not well-insulated at the hotel. On the second night, in addition to all the other noises, our neighbors decided to be very rowdy and loud. It sounded like they were watching the finals of the Stanley Cup or the Superbowl the way they were yelling and clapping, etc. They also repeatedly slammed doors. Finally at 12:30am, our toddlers were still awake due to this and we could not take it anymore. We called the desk. To our knowledge, they did nothing. The noise continued. Apparently, it wasn't just us. In the lobby the following morning, there were multiple people at breakfast complaining about how rowdy things were the night before. Also, there was some hassle about checking in - my husband said they gave him a hard time in spite of a reservation. And the internet on the PC in the lobby doesn't work but is advertised as a perk. I realize some of these are minor. And any one or two of these wouldn't bother me. I realize its not a five-star resort either but I do expect some things when I stay in a hotel - minimal noise and a clean room are two of them. If you need a good solid nights' sleep and you are a light sleeper OR cleanliness is a issue for you, you might want to evaluate other options.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank cheffieMD
Reviewed July 1, 2009

We love Berkley Springs and it was our 20th anniversary weekend. We asked for a non- smoking room. There was a little sticker on the door not a metal placque. It smelled gross like old smoke. We asked at the desk and they said , It was just converted to a no smoking room about 2 months ago. The Inn was full. I was disappointed in the integrity of this Best Western . The rest was fine.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank PoconosSpalady
Reviewed May 26, 2009

I chose this hotel as I wanted to stay in West Virginia to achieve my goal of staying in each of the US states and it worked out to be a reasonable drive from my previous night. It wasn't the best choice but places to stay are limited in Berkeley Springs! It was difficult to see the sign from the highway but it is set back and in a pleasant setting which therefore reduces road noise. Residents weren't so quiet and the doors slammed very loudly.
There was no lift and no fridge.
There was a TV, coffee maker, 24hr coffee in lobby (which was horrible!), hair drier, iron and board, full length mirror and good storage. The bathroom had a bath in a moulded unit with a fixed shower over.
The breakfast was very poor and the room was small for the number of guests. The tables and surfaces were not wiped clean between uses. The choices were poor. Juice but no water. Toast and bagels but no pastries. Cereal and oatmeal but no hot water so had to use milk and microwave. Waffles, but batter was slow in being made up and people had to wait. No fruit or yogurt.
There was free internet in the lobby but the line was down for the time we wanted to use it and it wasn't being fixed for 2 more days!
It was Memorial Day weekend so the place was fully booked and possibly busier than usual.
The staff were friendly enough.
The first impression was of a smell of damp rags which was throughout the building. We can only assume it may be that it is used by skiers and the carpets have been made wet and not dried out quickly. There was litter not cleaned from the stairs very quickly and the whole place didn't feel as clean and fresh as other BW properties. Bed linen was fine thankfully.
Not much going on in Berkeley Springs although it was quite quaint, however the restaurant across the car park was very good and quite reasonably priced. Steak was very tender!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pearl65
Reviewed May 25, 2009

My girlfriend and I arrived late Friday evening and were informed the internet was down. Although we were on a mini-vacation my girlfriend needed the internet to submit homework for here online MBA program. The internet ended up being down all weekend. They could not run my credit card on site. The only vending machine for snacks was broken and the place next door closes early Saturday evenings. So if in Berkeley Springs call it at night at 9pm and get up early.

The price was not too bad considering it is right in Berkeley Springs. We were told there would be internet and there was none. This is my main issue. It may have not been their fault or not but my G/F got late points for her assignments.

The walls are thin. I could here baby crying a lot through the night.

The pool was also closed for the weekend. This also made me mad as it is Memorial day weekend and people usually like to swim the first "official weekend" of the summer.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple