“Relaxing, inspiring, magical . . .”
Review of Atasia Spa

Atasia Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Atasia Spa is a full-service spa located in the middle of West Virginia's Town of Bath, one block from the Berkeley Springs State Park. Known for its spas, Berkeley Springs has many fine restaurants, B&Bs, hotels and shopping establishments - within walking distance of Atasia Spa.
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband and I had a massage this weekend and loved it !! Not our first, so we can compare this experience favorably to others. From the moment we walked in, I could feel our stress levels drop. It is such a comfortable atmosphere. The staff was very professional and friendly. Our therapists were both top notch. We will definitely return to this haven when we are in the area again.

1  Thank pintail001
There are newer reviews for Atasia Spa

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I love Berkeley Springs and have enjoyed going there for the past 17 years. And when there, I always get a massage; it is THE thing to do there. I should say that I am a massage enthusiast and have gotten on average six per year for the past 20+ years. Many of these massages happen in Berkeley Springs, WV.

I went to Atasia as a last minute decision since my regular masseur was not available. I had been to Atasia a few times, but not in several years. I decided to try a 90 minute massage which costs $150. This may seem high but believe me, it was worth every cent.

Without a doubt, Mr. Tan, who is the owner of Atasia Spa, gives one of the best massages ever. Franky Tan is a true master of massage!

1  Thank jimandlisa
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Love everything here. The therapists are wonderful and a variety of services are featrured. The best is a massage from Frankie who is the proprietor. He creates a peaceful, serene retreat in the confines of an older house. One feels transported to another part of the world with the treatment and the atmosphere created.

1  Thank LvmjV
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I do taxes for a living, so it is important to be able to take a break and relax after so many stressful days of work. Hubby and I decided massages were in order. Leslie gave me my first (and most definitely NOT my last) hot stone massage and I didn't want to leave. Hubby got a theraputic massage by a Hugotte (probably not right but close) and we fought about who was bringing their lady home. Jeannie followed up my massage with a sugar scrub that left my skin feeling wonderful. I would recommend this spa to anyone and I can't wait to go back!

1  Thank HELJAN
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I scheduled a eucalyptus steam, whirlpool bath and the rain drop massage treatment.
The steam room was very hot. The steam ran constantly. I had to step out a couple of times. This could be a personal thing - some like it very hot. I can't say that I noticed the eucalyptus very much, They provided towels, ice water, and a robe. No slippers. I walked throughout the building in my bare feet.
The whirlpool is the standard whirlpool tub. It was about 8 inches deep and 5-6 feet across, The water was nicely hot.
The raindrop treatment involved the dripping of oils on the spine, then gently running finger tips up and down the spine. I was told that the oils might burn a little and if it was really uncomfortable to tell the masseuse. It did burn a lot and when I told her she immediately cleaned it off The massage is mostly on your back and consists of mostly pressure point work. When done I was told to sit in the serenity room for a few minutes and sip some water. The chairs in the room were very low and in my opinion uncomfortable. I would probably not do the rain drip therapy again it is expensive and I didn't care for the burning sensations of the oils.
The staff was pleasant enough although I kind of felt I was being rushed through the first two treatment. The building and equipment was clean and tidy.

1  Thank floppsie256