“Franky Tan - Master of Massage”
Review of Atasia Spa

Atasia Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Atasia Spa is a full-service spa located in the middle of West Virginia's Town of Bath, one block from the Berkeley Springs State Park. Known for its spas, Berkeley Springs has many fine restaurants, B&Bs, hotels and shopping establishments - within walking distance of Atasia Spa.
Wilmington, North Carolina
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Franky Tan - Master of Massage”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I love Berkeley Springs and have enjoyed going there for the past 17 years. And when there, I always get a massage; it is THE thing to do there. I should say that I am a massage enthusiast and have gotten on average six per year for the past 20+ years. Many of these massages happen in Berkeley Springs, WV.

I went to Atasia as a last minute decision since my regular masseur was not available. I had been to Atasia a few times, but not in several years. I decided to try a 90 minute massage which costs $150. This may seem high but believe me, it was worth every cent.

Without a doubt, Mr. Tan, who is the owner of Atasia Spa, gives one of the best massages ever. Franky Tan is a true master of massage!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank jimandlisa

Latrobe, Pennsylvania
91 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 100 helpful votes
“A Slice of WV Heaven”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Love everything here. The therapists are wonderful and a variety of services are featrured. The best is a massage from Frankie who is the proprietor. He creates a peaceful, serene retreat in the confines of an older house. One feels transported to another part of the world with the treatment and the atmosphere created.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank LvmjV
Manchester, PA
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I do taxes for a living, so it is important to be able to take a break and relax after so many stressful days of work. Hubby and I decided massages were in order. Leslie gave me my first (and most definitely NOT my last) hot stone massage and I didn't want to leave. Hubby got a theraputic massage by a Hugotte (probably not right but close) and we fought about who was bringing their lady home. Jeannie followed up my massage with a sugar scrub that left my skin feeling wonderful. I would recommend this spa to anyone and I can't wait to go back!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank HELJAN
Cleveland, Ohio
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Nice”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I scheduled a eucalyptus steam, whirlpool bath and the rain drop massage treatment.
The steam room was very hot. The steam ran constantly. I had to step out a couple of times. This could be a personal thing - some like it very hot. I can't say that I noticed the eucalyptus very much, They provided towels, ice water, and a robe. No slippers. I walked throughout the building in my bare feet.
The whirlpool is the standard whirlpool tub. It was about 8 inches deep and 5-6 feet across, The water was nicely hot.
The raindrop treatment involved the dripping of oils on the spine, then gently running finger tips up and down the spine. I was told that the oils might burn a little and if it was really uncomfortable to tell the masseuse. It did burn a lot and when I told her she immediately cleaned it off The massage is mostly on your back and consists of mostly pressure point work. When done I was told to sit in the serenity room for a few minutes and sip some water. The chairs in the room were very low and in my opinion uncomfortable. I would probably not do the rain drip therapy again it is expensive and I didn't care for the burning sensations of the oils.
The staff was pleasant enough although I kind of felt I was being rushed through the first two treatment. The building and equipment was clean and tidy.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank floppsie256
Washington DC
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Simply Awesome”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I received a massage yesterday by a wonderful lady named Leslie. I have been to Atasia many times and they never fail to exceed my expectations. It is by far the best Spa in Berkeley Springs. If you're looking to spend the day pampering yourself, also try the facial, various body wraps, and of course the mani/pedi. The spa is always trying new things so even if you've been there before, you'll be in for a wonderful surprise the next time you come back.

Don't bother trying to shop around trying new places--you'll be disappointed if you don't always come back to Atasia--and if you find a therapist you really love, always ask for them by name!

Visited March 2013