“Great food, patio and music!”
Review of Ambrae House - CLOSED

Ambrae House
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Had an AMAZING dining experience last night at The Ambrae House, a new B&B in Berkeley Springs, W.V. Starting with the open air patio to the up-scale friendly beer and wine bar to the quaint restaurant, the ambiance of the establishment is a 10! And then there is the food, if the ambiance is a 10, the food is a 12! The Maryland Crab Chowder is a must; the Maryland Crab Cakes are full of crab, and any filler is sparse, the best we have ever had! This will be a weekly date night for us.
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stopped by this restaurant on our last day in Berkeley Springs. We ate dinner inside and had a wonderful meal. The lobster soup was fabulous along with our dinners of flounder and a fish taco. We went outside on the patio to enjoy the band and had a few drinks. The place was very nice, the patio was covered and was very nice. The people and staff were very friendly too!

Reviewed August 19, 2012

My mom and I went to dinner at the Ambrae House when we were visiting Berkeley Springs. We stopped in earlier in the day and made a reservation, which was good, since while we were eating, many people were told it was a very long wait. And honestly, I see why. We were seated and then we sat there for 15-20 minutes, before anyone even acknowledged we were sitting there. The hostess and senior hostess/owner/manager (not sure who she was exactly) walked passed our table multiple times, not really giving the time of day. Finally, the owner/manager stopped by our table and asked if our waitress had stopped by. We said no and she ended up taking our order. We received our wine, which were okay. My white sangria was a little disappointing sadly. Our dinners finally arrived, and the crab cakes were delicious! Lots of crab and not a whole lot of filler. However, I had ordered the crab bisque, which arrived after my meal, when I asked the waitress about it. The crab bisque was okay, It was not the best.

All in all, my mom and I were disappointed by our dinner. We would probably not dine at the Ambrae House again.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stopped in for a late lunch and had a very good meal. We has the ahi tuna appetizer, crab bisque, fried oysters and the grilled vegetable panini. The crab bisque was some of the best I ever had and I am from crab country in the Chesapeake area of Virginia so I was a bit hesitant to order crab soup in West Virginia. I highly recommend it and wish I had ordered a bowl instead of a cup. We enjoyed our other food as well and would definitely come back.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Ecletic menu, but the crab cakes are magnificent. The service was average, but a nice place and worth visiting.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

Ate three different meals at Ambrae House - two lunches and one dinner. Clearly an outstanding place to eat. The food was great. The crab soup was perfectly seasoned and stuffed with crab. The crabcake sandwich is excellent and large enough to satisfy two people. Several other meals at the table were very good including the Alaskan Crab Legs, Fish Taco, and Blue Mussels. The service was friendly, fast and courteous. The Ambrae House has seating indoor, outdoor and at the bar. A little bit of everything. In a short time it became a family favorite. Definitely worth visiting if in or near Berkeley Springs.