“Great close-by getaway sopt”
Review of Ambrae House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Berkeley Springs
Ambrae House
Reviewed June 23, 2012

My husband stayed at Ambrae House for 2 nights in June as a couple's escape. Gary and Lisa were perfect hosts. Our room (the champagne suite) was as described in other tripadvisor reviews- just beautiful. It was romantic, clean, and tastefully decorated. The breakfast Gary prepared for us was delicious- I had an egg white omelette with fresh vegetables and cheese, accompanied with potatoes, bacon and fresh pineapple.
I would absolutely recommend it and I would definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2012

Reviewed May 27, 2012

I stayed here before Memorial Day weekend with a group of girlfriends. We had an amazing time and I can't wait to return later this year with my husband for our anniversary. Lisa and Gary are warm, attentive, and overall just great people. The rooms are positively stunning (I stayed in the "Champagne" suite and it was gorgeous) and all of the fixtures and materials are high end. The air bath in the suite was by far the most relaxing and comfortable I've ever experienced in a hotel and I can't wait to return to use it again! When you add in Gary's lovely made-to-order breakfast the next morning you may never want to leave.

As a note, the street traffic is a little loud - but not to the point where it kept me up at night or woke me up in the morning.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Robin V
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I stayed at Ambrae House (along with 8 girlfriends) for the 2nd year in a row over Easter weekend. They place is gorgeous, the food yummy, and the staff friendly and fast. Lisa and Gary take the time to talk with you and make sure you stay is great. Their made to order breakfast is quite possibly the most amazing part of staying there, and it's included!!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are nice :) Great value, delicious food
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Thank you Lisa and Gary for a memorable anniversary. You went above and beyond. The breakfast was tasty and of generous proportions. I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a bed and breakfast that is clean, nicely decorated, and provides nearly everything you need other than clothing. Soaps and shampoos in the rooms, you don't need to go anywhere if your looking for a tasty lunch, dinner, or in need of a drink. We will be back in the summer!

Room Tip: The chablis, offers a queen bed whereas the other two rooms have King beds. All rooms have jacuzzi t...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2011

My roommate from college and her sister and I stayed all night here and were delighted with the attention, service and cleanliness of the Ambrae House. The owner went out of his way to guide us as to where to go for other services such as spa and to accommodate us. The place was very clean and the service super. We had a great time and would highly recommend this establishment. The breakfast was fantastic!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank millie b
Reviewed August 24, 2011

My husband and I did a quick anniersary overnight stay here last weekend... What a gem! Altho the reviews of it being a bit loud (st traffic) were accurate, I brought ear plugs and it was no problem... you should also note most of the other inns are on the same main drag this one was on, so all things being equal this shouldn't be a factor.

The room (we stayed in the Burgandy room) was beautiful! And the TUB.. OOOhhhh the tub-- we are now trying a redesign of our bathroom for one of those babies! Who needs the public "Roman Baths " when you can sip champagne in your private tub at the Ambrae house?

Lisa and gary couldn't have been sweeter-- made it feel more like seeing old pals than going someplace new for the 1st time.. and the restaurant, bar area and outside deck are super nice.

My only recommend to you and owners... feather pillow option needs to be added to the rooms! I'm a pillow snob and NEED feather-- there wernt any so I had to use rolled up clothes.. if you like a feather pillow, BYOP.
We will go back here. It was wonderful!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2011

We stayed here over the weekend. I would definatly recommend stopping by. The food was excellent and Lisa was a very welcoming hostess.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple