“Love the Panorama restaurant!”
Review of Panorama at the Peak - CLOSED

Panorama at the Peak
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Panorama at the Peak is made unique by our dedication to amazing local, organic New Appalachian cuisine on Capacon Mountain with views unlike any other! We're a restaurant with a knockout view that's completely dedicated to the tradition of good, whole food. We work within our regional food systems and most of the farms that grow and supply our food are within a 65-mile radius of Panorama at the Peak. To us, it's simple - the fresher the food, the better it tastes! When we can't get it local, we buy USA organic. And if we can't get it local or organic? We don't serve it. Each item on our menu is made from whole, not processed, food and we know each ingredient by heart. Whether you're vegan, gluten-free, or allergic to certain foods, we can cheerfully accommodate you! Our menu is always changing, a reflection of what is freshest each day. Guest favorites include our signature Dad's Perfect Rueben, Pan Fried Trout, and crisp Kale Salad! It's Panorama's commitment to innovative cuisine that has awarded us a place on WV Executive's 15 favorite restaurants in the state and Slow Food DC's Snail of Approval. Of course, none of this would be possible without a thoughtful staff that is dedicated to fantastic service and an unforgettable experience for each guest. Call today to make your reservation to enjoy a wonderful meal made from local, organic ingredients and accompanied by unbelievable views of the iconic Overlook in Berkeley Springs, West Virginia!
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Beautiful view, friendly staff, excellent food, and warm, cozy atmosphere! We go there every time we are in the area! Love!

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Nice place, good staff, the food is good but costly, dishes aren't very large for the cost. But overall a good time.

1  Thank MariaH1012
Reviewed November 10, 2012

The view is spectacular, but that's the only thing that is. It's great that the food is locally grown, but that's not enough to make it delicious. I had the lamb shank, which had very little meat on it, and it tasted more like beef than lamb because of something commercial-tasting in the sauce. The carrots were watery - a cardinal sin in my book. My husband had the trout and said it was ok, not great. The dessert menu did not look intriguing so we skipped it. We had much better food at Tari's and at Ambrae House in the town.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

The name says it all: this is the best place to get a panorama of West Virginia and Maryland (many people forget that Maryland is just across the Potomac River in this picturesque view).

Local, organic food is excellent. Like the previous reviewer, I had the veal pot pie. Excellent doesn't begin to describe it. My wife had the pot roast, which was a bit salty, but overall quite good.

You need to call ahead to reserve tables with the views. If you go for lunch (like we did) without a reservation, you won't get window seating, but you can still see the panorama just fine.

This is easily the top place to dine in Berkeley Springs.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Made reservations with my boyfriend to dine here for my birthday on a Sunday evening. The reservations were for a 6pm in October, so we were seated at our window table with a view of the sun just beginning to set over the rolling hills and streams of West Virginia. I'm not kidding - this place has the best view! Tip: the restaurant is on the side of a winding mountain road, so if you don't know where you're going, drive slow and keep your eyes open for a clearing in the trees. The clearing is where the "panorama" view is, and also where you'll be parking before you cross the street to the restaurant.

Our waitress was very sweet and attentive. I ordered a celebratory creme brulee martini (more creme than brulee, but still delicious), and we shared a bottle of dry red wine (Chambourcin) from the local West Virginia winery Potomac Highlands. The flavor was a bit "loud" and fruity for my taste - it's billed as a robust wine - but it wasn't a bad bottle. Just a matter of preference.

The complimentary bread and honey-herb butter was delicious.

Both of us ordered a 1/2 caesar salad. It was a respectable amount of salad, so I assume that the full size caesar salad must be huge. I know there's not much you can do with a caesar salad, but this had a big cracker made from fried parmesan cheese! I told our waitress that they need to start packaging and selling those crackers in bulk... amazing stuff!

My entree was the veal pot pie, baked in a ramekin with cheddar, bacon, and a savory pie crust. I ate at several great restaurants while in Berkeley Springs.The veal pot pie at Panorama was by far the best dish I tried. Hands down. Comfort food perfected.

My boyfriend had the chicken marsala with a side of cooked cabbage, as well as a baked sweet potato with butter. He loved it.

For dessert we split the brownie sundae. Our waitress was kind enough to top it off with the chef's special that night - apple pie ice cream. Mind. Blown.

Go here, and go soon!