“Old school service - they don't make them like this anymore.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Panorama at the Peak - CLOSED

Panorama at the Peak
Cuisines: Fusion, American
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Panorama at the Peak is made unique by our dedication to amazing local, organic New Appalachian cuisine on Capacon Mountain with views unlike any other! We're a restaurant with a knockout view that's completely dedicated to the tradition of good, whole food. We work within our regional food systems and most of the farms that grow and supply our food are within a 65-mile radius of Panorama at the Peak. To us, it's simple - the fresher the food, the better it tastes! When we can't get it local, we buy USA organic. And if we can't get it local or organic? We don't serve it. Each item on our menu is made from whole, not processed, food and we know each ingredient by heart. Whether you're vegan, gluten-free, or allergic to certain foods, we can cheerfully accommodate you! Our menu is always changing, a reflection of what is freshest each day. Guest favorites include our signature Dad's Perfect Rueben, Pan Fried Trout, and crisp Kale Salad! It's Panorama's commitment to innovative cuisine that has awarded us a place on WV Executive's 15 favorite restaurants in the state and Slow Food DC's Snail of Approval. Of course, none of this would be possible without a thoughtful staff that is dedicated to fantastic service and an unforgettable experience for each guest. Call today to make your reservation to enjoy a wonderful meal made from local, organic ingredients and accompanied by unbelievable views of the iconic Overlook in Berkeley Springs, West Virginia!
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
“Old school service - they don't make them like this anymore.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

I have nothing but good things to say about Panorama at the Peak. From the time I called to make our dinner reservation until we walked out of the restaurant that night we were treated to nothing but gracious professionalism and good old fashioned customer service.

When we got there the view was absolutely amazing! Our table was right against the window so we were able to enjoy the view and the sunset while we ate. They even set out a reserved tent card with my last name and reservation time on the table.

And on top of all of this the food was amazing! I had the pot roast and I don't even eat red meat very often but that was the best I've ever had. You could taste the freshness in everything. I'm so glad I found this place, it was such a wonderful experience that added to our whole weekend experience in Berkeley Springs.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Purpose73

“Don't pass this place up!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

Excellent food atmosphere and service,will definitely go back there again. Al in Pa.

1 Thank eqop
, Owner at Panorama at the Peak, responded to this review, June 30, 2012
Thank you lostsasalsa! We are glad you enjoyed your visit! Your kind words touch on some of the things most important to us...our Guests and delivering hospitality! Thanks for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor review. You have contributed to our success with your grassroots efforts.
Travel Safely!
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Great Locally Sourced Food, Service and Vantage Point”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

It's a 3 hour round trip from our home to Berkeley Springs. We made the trip today just for dinner and had a great meal. It had been 8 or 10 years since we stopped in Panorama and wow - what a difference the new owners, chef and wait-staff have made. We sat at the bar and enjoyed watching the arrival of guests and the hugs, warm greetings and good cheer between the owner (Leslie) and 'regulars'. Nice convivial atmosphere, laughter, and good times.

Our cocktails were expertly mixed and thoroughly enjoyed.The chef Scott stopped by and chatted us up. The proprieter Leslie explained that the menu is develop anew eaxh week, based on what local farmers have available.

We had french onion soup nd fried green tomatos (such a treat). I had pasta tossed with fresh asparagus (excellent) and my husband had a perfectly seasoned and cooked steak.
The dessert menu had a tempting selection, but we resisted..... this time!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank lotsasalsa
maryland
“A most amazing spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

The location is prime - western exposure for sunsets sublime!
Try their "sunset champagne cocktail" - you'll see two sunsets, one outside & one on your table. The chef & staff are all top notch & I cannot say enough about the freshness of the locally produced organic produce! You can't come to Berkeley Springs & not try Panorama!

Visited June 2012
2 Thank IPU
Maryland
“Consistently great, and they make the BEST veggie burger!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

We live over two hours away from the restaurant, and every chance I get I make sure that my travel plans take me here. I came here alone, with friends and family, and always received with great service and exceptionally good food. I like the locally grown and green concept that does translate to the plate. Everything is fresh and tasty. I recommend the soups, the quiche (on Sundays), and I will say this: they make the best veggie burger I ever had. I'm not an avid vegetarian, but I do prefer plant-based foods. When I was served the veggie burger for the first time I thought they accidentally gave me a real one. The consistency and the taste was like no other veggie burger I ever had before. The view alone is worth the trip, but don't forget to eat!

• Visited June 2012