“Nice place to visit”

Berkeley Springs State Park
More attraction details
Owner description: The park's natural spring is used for mineral baths and other therapeutic treatments.
wv
112 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 100 helpful votes
“Nice place to visit”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I planed my trip back home to include a stop at Berkeley Springs and I wound up spending a few hours here checking out the Springs,bath houses,and the park.I will be back this summer to spend some more time at the springs.

Visited April 2014

• Korean first
Minneapolis
115 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 188 helpful votes
“Nice stop, enjoyed the bath house”
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

This was a nice quick stop. It is beautiful and quaint, with lots of room to run around. We also enjoyed the shared bath house (versus the one separated by gender, whose employees were completely dis-interested in our business). We highly recommend Tari's cafe for a nice meal while in town. Worth the visit.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank MNwanderers
Laurel, Maryland
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Enjoyable hike”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We hiked around the park. There were a couple of different trails to take we took a short one because we didn't have much time until it started to cool down. My husband and I brought our dog and she enjoyed the trails as well.

Visited June 2013
New Jersey
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Interesting Experience”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

While on a girls' weekend, we opted to visit the spa at the State Park rather than one of the private spas. It was a unique experience with a soaking roman bath followed by a massage with olive oil and the option to shower at the end. The employees were professional and kind. It was not a fancy spa, but that's not what we were looking for.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank InLoveWithItaly2010
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Rest Stop”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I take a few trips a year through this area and I always try to time it so that I can stop and take a soak in the roman baths at Berkeley Springs State Park. The baths themselves are not opulent, but are large, serviceable, and clean. I have never had a reservation, so sometimes there is a short wait because they empty and fill the bath between customers. The baths themselves are large enough for 5 or 6 people, but I always go alone, so I luxuriate in the spaciousness.

The staff have always been welcoming and friendly. The facility is what you might expect when you think "West Virginia State Park". It was probably built 40 or 50 years ago and receives regular maintenance, but no updating. Being congenitally blue collar, that is fine with me, but if you are used to having your bed turned down, you may feel that it is a bit too pedestrian. The fee is pedestrian also, so at least they are consistent.

Since it is right in the middle of town, you can also get something to eat, do a little shopping, and visit the museum upstairs. There is also some history to the place. Overall, a nice place to break up a trip and spend an hour or two.

Visited June 2013