“Reasonably priced massages!”

Berkeley Springs State Park
More attraction details
Owner description: The park's natural spring is used for mineral baths and other therapeutic treatments.
Reviewed October 6, 2013

The massages were wonderful and reasonably priced. Highly recommend! If you'd like a souvenir, the gift shop sells relatively cheap t-shirts!

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"warm spring"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed September 30, 2013

This is a very nice park if you have some time to stop by. The springs run through and there is a gazebo to have a rest under. The museum has some neat info as well.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Walk, picnic, and certainly bathe here-- the facilities are wonderful, clean, private and reminiscent of an older time--but do not get taken in by the massage option. It is not massage. The therapists are billed like certified therapists except that they are neither trained nor certified. They have no idea what they are doing. It doesn't feel bad, it just has nothing whatsoever to do with the art of massage. Go to any of the reputable massage establishments in this gem of a town-- they will cost you no more and you have everything to gain. Shame on West Virginia Park Service for participating in such chicanery.

1  Thank Rachel N
Reviewed September 15, 2013

My wife and I go out of our way to enjoy hot springs baths and massage. The State Bath House is such a good choice. Not Coed though. Men in one side and women in the other. Great massage and hot bath. Cant wait to go back.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Berekely Springs is about half way between my home in Ohio and my family's home in Maryland. I have discovered the Roman Baths at the State Park. I can get a 15 minute soak in a 700 gallon heated Roman Bath and a 30 minute massage (rub down) for under $50 dollars (senior rate) and be on my way, refreshed, to my destination.
I like the history (e.g., George Washington took of the baths there), the convenience to I70, the surrounding galleries, shops, and the scenery. The town is small but it also boasts a nearby health food market. The building has been recently rennovated and the baths have doors replacing the curtains. It is clean and the staff provides good service. I would recommend bringing shower shoes or flip flops, which I never seem to remember to do so I end up walking bare footed from dressing room to bath to massage area. If you get a massage, you will be given the top sheet to wrap around you before you leave the Roman bath. I find its length awkward to wrap around me.