“Berkeley Springs State Park-- mineral bath and hour massage”

Berkeley Springs State Park
More attraction details
Owner description: The park's natural spring is used for mineral baths and other therapeutic treatments.
Worcester, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Berkeley Springs State Park-- mineral bath and hour massage”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Walk, picnic, and certainly bathe here-- the facilities are wonderful, clean, private and reminiscent of an older time--but do not get taken in by the massage option. It is not massage. The therapists are billed like certified therapists except that they are neither trained nor certified. They have no idea what they are doing. It doesn't feel bad, it just has nothing whatsoever to do with the art of massage. Go to any of the reputable massage establishments in this gem of a town-- they will cost you no more and you have everything to gain. Shame on West Virginia Park Service for participating in such chicanery.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Rachel N

• Korean first
USA
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 638 helpful votes
“This Is The Place”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

My wife and I go out of our way to enjoy hot springs baths and massage. The State Bath House is such a good choice. Not Coed though. Men in one side and women in the other. Great massage and hot bath. Cant wait to go back.

Visited May 2013
Berea, OH
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Aaaah”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Berekely Springs is about half way between my home in Ohio and my family's home in Maryland. I have discovered the Roman Baths at the State Park. I can get a 15 minute soak in a 700 gallon heated Roman Bath and a 30 minute massage (rub down) for under $50 dollars (senior rate) and be on my way, refreshed, to my destination.
I like the history (e.g., George Washington took of the baths there), the convenience to I70, the surrounding galleries, shops, and the scenery. The town is small but it also boasts a nearby health food market. The building has been recently rennovated and the baths have doors replacing the curtains. It is clean and the staff provides good service. I would recommend bringing shower shoes or flip flops, which I never seem to remember to do so I end up walking bare footed from dressing room to bath to massage area. If you get a massage, you will be given the top sheet to wrap around you before you leave the Roman bath. I find its length awkward to wrap around me.

Visited August 2013
Dillsburg, Pennsylvania
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“I love the Roman Baths”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Even though the building is older, the roman baths are sublime. Where else can you swim in these fantastic heated natural waters? I had been in an auto accident several months prior and was suffering from whiplash. The soak area is easy to get in and out of. The warm therapeutic waters made my neck feel wonderful especially when I did my physical therapy exercises during the bath. The bath itself is huge and very no frills. I like their use of natural lighting. Makes it much more ambient. The attendant gives you some ice cold water to drink while bathing and you get towels. You can swim, float and stretch out. The bath lasted about 30 minutes and the attendant politely knocks on the door when your time is up. It is without a doubt the most relaxing bath I have ever had. My hair dried and not a frizz in sight! :) I recommend this to every one!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Melody B
Washington DC, District of Columbia
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Relaxing and Invigorating”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

There are a few options for soaking in the therapeutic waters here: out in the open, in the middle of the park (kids seem to love it), as part of the old Roman Bath or through the newer baths on the park grounds. I recommend the later, but make an appointment. If you aren't able to make an appointment, or just want to soak, you have the other option of the older ones, but it is the bath only. For the newer ones, it is very reasonable - $35 for a private soak, sauna and shower. You can also add a massage for an additional charge. It is a nice way to spend the afternoon. Just make sure if you come to Berkeley Springs, you at least get your feet wet!

Visited August 2013