My wife and I stay at a cottage on the Cacapon River every year. This year the river was a raging torrent due to heavy rain in the area. We were looking for another place to fish, and stumbled on the lake at the front of the Cacapon State Park. First of all, the park was clean and well cared for. The restrooms were spotless, despite being outside. The staff at the boathouse were courteous and helpful. The fishing was great! For a small lake, my wife and I caught several largemouth bass between 1 1/2 to 5 pounds over 2 days. We were using artificial baits, ( I'm not going to say which) and we had to work for them, but no one around us was doing much good with natural bait. I would recommend to anyone who has the patience to work the lake, the bass are plentiful, but finicky. Switch baits often and try different techniques.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cacapon Resort is a mountain lodge located in Cacapon State Park, named after its close proximity to Cacapon Mountain, the highest peak in the eastern panhandle of West Virginia. The four-season lodge provides easy access to outdoor recreation including hiking, beach swimming, fishing and the Robert Trent Jones, Sr. golf course. The lodge provides guests with a relaxing setting among scenic West Virginia landscape. The onsite guest lounge comes equipped with a TV, board games and fireplace, creating a cozy area for all seasons of the year. Cabins, cottages and bungalows rentals are also available. Cacapon Resort State Park Lodge is a nonsmoking facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Cacapon Resort State Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cacapon Resort State Park Hotel Berkeley Springs
- Cacapon Hotel Berkeley Springs
- Cacapon Hotel State Park