My family spent 2 nights here over the Easter weekend. We stayed in the lodge and got 2 rooms. The lodge itself is very nice with rocking chairs overlooking the golf course, recreation room, a social area with a huge TV and several board games on the table. The rooms are small but clean. However, there was a dated smell in our rooms. The staff were just ok. They were professional enough but not friendly and accommodating. I hardly see anyone smile.
The State Park outside was great. They had the Easter egg hunt while we were there and my niece enjoyed it. We hiked one of the trails using the trail guide. For those who like nature, this is a great place to unwind. The price is very reasonable and it's a great value.
The only thing we did not like here was the restaurant. Their food was ok. When we had our buffet breakfast in our first morning, we came later and the pancake had already gotten stale and tough at that time. We asked for new, freshly cooked ones but the manager and cook refused at first. The servers were great about it and suggested that we order off the menu. One of us did and was brought fresh pancakes. We shared that person's pancake. We just can't understand why they cannot put some fresh pancakes in the buffet table and we told the manager that. However, he just brushed us off. On Easter Sunday, we all went to get the Easter Sunday brunch buffet and when the manager saw us, he started to have an attitude with us. My husband thinks it's because we complained about the pancakes the day before. The manager has a very poor customer service attitude. He is very selective though because it seems like he was nice with others. We were even wondering that he did not like the idea that a majority of the people in our group are minorities. We hate to think that but it seems like it was that way.
As much as we like the rest of our experience at Cacapon, I would stay away from the restaurant because of the manager. Again, the servers were great, efficient and friendly but the management needs to be taught a thing or to about customer service and proper management. That being said, there are restaurants in town that have good food and great customer service. Go there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cacapon Resort is a mountain lodge located in Cacapon State Park, named after its close proximity to Cacapon Mountain, the highest peak in the eastern panhandle of West Virginia. The four-season lodge provides easy access to outdoor recreation including hiking, beach swimming, fishing and the Robert Trent Jones, Sr. golf course. The lodge provides guests with a relaxing setting among scenic West Virginia landscape. The onsite guest lounge comes equipped with a TV, board games and fireplace, creating a cozy area for all seasons of the year. Cabins, cottages and bungalows rentals are also available. Cacapon Resort State Park Lodge is a nonsmoking facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your Cacapon Resort State Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cacapon Resort State Park Hotel Berkeley Springs
- Cacapon Hotel Berkeley Springs
- Cacapon Hotel State Park