We (three adults) stayed in a two-bedroom cabin for two nights at the end of March. The redbuds are in bloom and the forest is just starting to leaf out. We hiked a trail, ate in the lodge and used it as a base to explore the local area. The cabin was more than adequate with a fireplace and a supply of wood, a fully-equipped kitchen. Gas heating and cooling, linens and an adequate bathroom with shower. It all was very clean. Great place for a family of four.
Lots of activities, many of which were not going to open until the start of April, next week. The golf course looked good, was reasonably priced and well-maintained. Rental clubs are available. Be sure to bring a bashing suit so you can enjoy the nearby hot springs. Also be sure to visit the local Visitors Bureau which has lots of information on the area, including a list of local farms that accept visitors and the location and hours of farmers' markets.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cacapon Resort is a mountain lodge located in Cacapon State Park, named after its close proximity to Cacapon Mountain, the highest peak in the eastern panhandle of West Virginia. The four-season lodge provides easy access to outdoor recreation including hiking, beach swimming, fishing and the Robert Trent Jones, Sr. golf course. The lodge provides guests with a relaxing setting among scenic West Virginia landscape. The onsite guest lounge comes equipped with a TV, board games and fireplace, creating a cozy area for all seasons of the year. Cabins, cottages and bungalows rentals are also available. Cacapon Resort State Park Lodge is a nonsmoking facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Cacapon Resort State Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cacapon Resort State Park Hotel Berkeley Springs
- Cacapon Hotel Berkeley Springs
- Cacapon Hotel State Park