We stayed at a log cabin near the State Park (two floor cabin all to ourselves). It is listed under B&Bs for the area. I just want to say that the photo for the "lake" as they call it for this park is misleading. They make it look huge and talk about fishing and how it's stocked with fish in the summer. We went there and fished on this little tiny what I would call pond instead of lake and didn't pull up anything but seaweed. We only saw super tiny fish swimming near the shallow ends. And you pay a lot to fish for this seaweed that all grows on the bottom of the lake. Or lake algae or whatvever. Don't go there expecting to enjoy catching fish like we did. If you like to row or paddle around a lake with your kids (and a small lake) than it's the perfect spot, but don't think by the picture they show it's some huge lake with lots of fish. It is not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cacapon Resort is a mountain lodge located in Cacapon State Park, named after its close proximity to Cacapon Mountain, the highest peak in the eastern panhandle of West Virginia. The four-season lodge provides easy access to outdoor recreation including hiking, beach swimming, fishing and the Robert Trent Jones, Sr. golf course. The lodge provides guests with a relaxing setting among scenic West Virginia landscape. The onsite guest lounge comes equipped with a TV, board games and fireplace, creating a cozy area for all seasons of the year. Cabins, cottages and bungalows rentals are also available. Cacapon Resort State Park Lodge is a nonsmoking facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Cacapon Resort State Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cacapon Resort State Park Hotel Berkeley Springs
- Cacapon Hotel Berkeley Springs
- Cacapon Hotel State Park