“A good restaurant with interesting decor”

Maria's Garden and Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Berkeley Springs
Maria's Garden and Inn
Bath, New Hampshire
“A good restaurant with interesting decor”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We've eaten at Maria's several time, and have enjoyed it every time. The food is good, the prices are reasonable, and the staff is friendly. The restaurant is decorated in a unusual way. The theme is religious, with many pictures and artifacts you will probably not see in one place anywhere else. It's an interesting restaurant, don't miss it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jim D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed December 16, 2012

This is my second trip to Maria's Garden. My daughter & grandaughter accompanied me. We went for lunch and the lasagna, mannicotti and stuffed shells were wonderful! The sauce excellent and flavorfull! The service was great. It was a meal to remember! The best part was introducing the delightful owner of the restaurant to my family. The decor is special as it has many Icons,religious statues, paintings and some special relics on display. Peggy is a wonderful historian and is quite knowledgable about the Catholic Faith and the special treasures within the restaurant. The atmosphere is very European and one leaves with a warm pleasure that you have learned something special and the dining experience was so good! I look forward to returing! Berkeley Springs is delightful. We did antique shoppes, delighted in the Christmas Tree in the Gazebo in the park, listened to the Piano Tunes of a traveling player with his cute dog on top of his truck and to tie it up with a bow, went to the Panoramic Vista and took pictures to remember the day!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed October 21, 2012

This review is for the restaurant, not the inn. If you are visiting Berkeley Springs there aren't too many choices for food but please please do not waste your time going here. We went this weekend looking for an inexpensive Italian meal and were beyond disappointed. We asked for recommendations and were told "I wouldn't get that" "that's not fresh" or "that's just frozen dough". We had the pleasure of sitting near the kitchen where we heard food being "cooked" in the microwave for all the guests. Surprisingly for such a religious themed place, they do have a small selection of beer and wait for it....Carlo Rossi jug wine. Haha! We waited for over an hour only to have our orders messed up. This place might be suitable for the over 80 crowd, but if you are looking for a good meal, do not go here. I can't speak for the Inn, that may be an ok place to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Tappahannock, Virginia
Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

I ate at Maria's with my mom and aunt. We were really looking forward to eating here because of the description of the homemade pasta sauces on the menu. I got the Italian sub and a side of spaghetti, my mom got the mozzarella bread with a side of spaghetti and my aunt got the vegetable omelette. We were really disappointed in the pasta sauce. Everyone thought it was too bland and that our own recipes were better. My Italian sub was ok, but my aunt thought her omelette was pretty tasteless. Everyone's favorite was the mozzarella bread and marinara sauce. We sat out in the garden, which was nice, but all the religious statues and icons were really distracting (and not in a good way) and the waitress was pretty surly too. We had several really great meals in Berkeley Springs and even though the food wasn't terrible at Maria's, it was definitely our least favorite meal of our vacation.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lvn4vacation
N.P. NY
Reviewed August 2, 2011

This restaurant is over the top in the fact it seems to be a catch all for everything about the Virgin Mary. It appears to be more of an obsession rather than a homage.I would suspect Mary would be a bit overwhelmed to see all of this. But that is just my opinion. Had I known what I was in for I would not have entered. The food.....was awful...took too long. Ordered the large breakfast special, "Steak and Eggs". The eggs cooked perfectly, our toast was "italian bread" I got the top half, my husband got the bottom. The steak resembled the tongue of an old boot. Although we both ordered it Medium rare, it appeared to either have been deep fried or reheated in a microwave from a frozen cooked state. Hmm..home fries were merely 2 oz of thinly sliced potatoes that were fried in oil. Throughout our meal we had to listen to the owner preach to another table about how religious she was and all the subjects she was an expert in, George Washington is one of them. This is not a good choice for a meal, not only did we feel this way, looking at other reviews, we are not alone. One last thing...there was a Christmas tree in the middle of it all, in July.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank BariCam
VA
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Last minute trip up to Berkeley Spring WV to take in the "waters" of the Hot Springs and we stayed at this very nice B&B lodge, just a short walk from the "Springs". The rooms were spacious, clean and quiet. The food excellent. They have a full service restaurant that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. The highlight of the stay was a great conversation with the owner Peggy. She is a great weaver of interesting facts and has wonderful way of engaging her guests in her stories. I would highly recomment this place for a restful stay with good food and service.

Jim

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed October 11, 2010

Last weekend my BF decided we would drive into Berkeley Springs for dinner and we opted to try Maria's (the last time I was there the place smelled wonderful). The decor was slightly amusing as the place was covered with Catholic paintings, portraits and other decorations, but the place was warm and friendly and the staff were both pleasant and attentive.

We both opted for the Italian selections from the menu after asking the waitress what she liked the best. The sauce was excellent and judging by the fact that the spaghetti noodles were a mile long, I am thinking they were homemade as well. The meat stuffed shells were excellent as well.

We also had dessert. My BF said the lemon pie was good and I had THE most massive apple dumpling imaginable! It was divine and was served with the sauce and ice cream on the side (warning, this is a good dessert to SHARE, it was that big).

The prices were excellent as well, and I definitely plan to go back!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley Springs
The Country Inn of Berkeley Springs
The Country Inn of Berkeley Spri...
#1 of 4 in Berkeley Springs
Cacapon Resort State Park
Cacapon Resort State Park
#3 of 4 in Berkeley Springs
Best Western Berkeley Springs Inn
Best Western Berkeley Springs In...
#2 of 4 in Berkeley Springs
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#2 of 2 in Hancock
Super 8 Hancock MD
Super 8 Hancock MD
#1 of 2 in Hancock

Been to Maria's Garden and Inn? Share your experiences!