“Excellent Customer Service”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Berkeley Springs
Berkeley Springs Cottage Rentals
Venetia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Excellent Customer Service”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Our 3rd trip to berkeley Spring recently and we were not disappointed by Berkeley Springs Cottage Rental. While we rented a cabin that we had rented in the past and knew what we were getting (excellent accomodations in a great wooded setting), what we got in customer servie was beyond our expectations. A few days before our visit, I received a call warning that inclement winter weather was being expected and they wanted to make sure that I was still planning to visit and verify that I had a 4 wheel drive vehicle. Yes and Yes. The day of our arrival, I receivedd a call about an hour before check-in asking if we were safe, that the roads were bad from about 16 inches of snow, and that if we felt uncomfortable with the roads to the cottage, they would accomodate us in one of their in-town suites. When I informed them that we intended to make it to the cottage, they requested a call once we got there so that they know we had arrived safely. When we arrived, the driveway,path and porch were cleared for us. I truly believe that the young lady who ansered the phone when I called to announce our safe arrival was both relieved and surprised. Either way, it was great to know that there were humnas on the other side of the reservation process that cared about us. We will be back!

Room Tip: The Coolfont area is relatively secluded yet only a few minutes from town
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dslough, Manager at Berkeley Springs Cottage Rentals, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Guest,

This has been a winter to remember! The surrounding Berkeley Springs Area has mountainous terrain and we try to make every precaution to notify and inform our guest of weather conditions and ensure they are equipped with the appropriate vehicle to be proactive in preventing any emergency issues so you can enjoy your stay!

We really make an extra effort to ensure the safety and comfort of our guests. Thank you for the nice comments and we hope you will come and see us again! Autumn Wings and the Berkeley Springs Area is a beautiful scene with snow on the ground!

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Stayed at the Nestled Pines cabin this past weekend for MLK. Overall, the cabin was nice, pretty clean (though some of the pots/pans could use replacing...). Only small issue - when I called to book, I told them that we wouldn't be bringing a 4 wheel drive car. They said that should be fine. Then I called the Friday before to see if we could get an early check in (we could - so thanks for that) and reminded them that we only had a 2 wheel drive SUV. They said that should be fine, so I assumed the roads would be cleared and passable for us. On Saturday around mid-day we arrived. Nestled Pines Cabin is up a small hill. Berkeley Springs had received a few inches (maybe 2 or so?) of snow that morning. When we tried to go up the hill, the car couldn't make it up because the road was not plowed or salted or anything. We called the main office and they seemed honestly annoyed that we were calling with this problem. They begrudgingly said they'd send someone out to salt the road, which was nice. It was more that they just seemed annoyed with us for asking. We went to the grocery store in the meantime, and when we were headed back, I called again to see if they'd heard anything from the man salting the road. I said simply that I was surprised this was an issue because I'd been clear about what kind of car we had. They responded that it wasn't enough snow to warrant that the road be plowed. This was odd because all the other roads were plowed, just not the one our cabin was located on. So obviously everywhere else it was enough snow to warrant plowing... The office then said that they didn't know they were getting snow on Saturday when I called and told them about our car. And yet, that conversation had taken place just the day before, when even I knew that the weather was calling for snow. A bit weird.
Again, overall everything was fine because a very nice man came out and salted it and so we were able to get up. It was more just that the office was pretty annoyed with us for needing that even though we'd said we only had a front-wheel drive car.
Overall, good - just maybe bring your truck if you stay at Nestled Pines! :)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Betsy D
Dslough, Manager at Berkeley Springs Cottage Rentals, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your business and I apologize for any inconvenience during your stay. We had a cabin inspector out at the property on Thursday and the road was clear. We had a dusting of snow Friday morning, no registered accumulation so we were honestly surprised when you notified us of the issue.

We were very customer service oriented and immediately sent a contractor out to the property to salt the lane so your vehicle could access the lane. In fact, by the time you went to the grocery store and returned, the contractor had the lane accessible. I contacted the contractor and he even waited to ensure you got up the lane with no problem.

Our staff did inform you when you made the reservation that the access road was clear, but if we had inclement weather this is a mountainous area and we do recommend four wheel drive vehicles. We also have the property advertised as recommending four wheel drive vehicles if there is inclement weather.

After your notification, I personally contacted all of the other guests checking in for the weekend and notified them that we had a dusting of snow in the area, no other guests reported any issues, we have another rental cabin along the same lane and those guests did not have any problems accessing the property.

Thank you again for your business and for your feedback.
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Our cabin was very spacious and clean, in a perfect location not too far from Berkeley Springs but just secluded enough. The decorations were cozy, the kitchen had all amenities like plates, microwave, pots, etc, even a waffle maker. A few things were quite unpleasant, however. The hot water smelled strongly of sulphur, although that faded after a day. It was still almost impossible to take a shower or even wash our hands because the water pressure was so weak. It barely trickled out of the faucets, and it took an hour to fill up the jacuzzi just above jet level. By then, it was lukewarm because of how little hot water was coming out. If someone was taking a shower downstairs, the sink upstairs wouldn't work, and vice versa. Also, my son happened to open the attic door and saw rat droppings everywhere all over the floor. We weren't sure if there were rats currently in the attic, or if the droppings were just remnants of a previous infestation. The stay would've been perfect if not for these issues, which make us reluctant to stay at your cabins or recommend them to friends in the future.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dslough, Manager at Berkeley Springs Cottage Rentals, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Guests,

I would please like to please apologize for any inconvenience during your stay. We sincerely wish we would have been notified of the problem during your stay and we would have immediately sent a maintenance technician to rectify the issue.

I personally checked the property prior to your stay and noticed a sulfa issue with the water, which is not uncommon with the well water in this area. Most of the properties have filtration systems to help with this issue and sometimes the water just needs to be run to resolve the issue. Maintenance went prior to your stay per my request and changed the whole house water filter and accidently overlooked closing the bypass lever which created the water pressure issue.
The issue was immediately resolved once housekeeping reported the issue. Your stay and experience are very important to us. We make every effort possible to prevent issues, but please give us the opportunity to resolve the issue by notifying us if you have any problems during your stay.

I apologize again for the inconvenience and we do not have the attic area advertised for guest use at the property. We will inspect and clean the area if need and ensure it is locked and secured to prevent any future issues. Thank you for your business.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We very much enjoyed our stay at Cacapon Breeze Hideaway. The cabin is very spacious and cozy. We especially liked the Cast Iron Fireplace and fully equipped Kitchen. I wished it would have stopped raining so we could have enjoyed the outdoors but no one can control mother nature.

The Hot Tub was old and only had two jets working. When we arrived, the hot tub smelled musty and was not cleaned. We called and spoke with Ryan. He was very apologetic and sent his team to correct the issue. The hot tub was cleaned and filled within the hour. My only suggestion is that you completely replace the hot tub if guests want that "whirlpool or bubbles" experience. Only two jets worked on the current hot tub. However, the temperature was a soothing HOT!

We will defiantly return to stay at your cabins in the future!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dslough, Owner at Berkeley Springs Cottage Rentals, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you very much for your business and thank you for writing the review. We again apologize about the hot tub issue, we immediately sent staff out to resolve the issue. All of our properties are privately owned vacation homes and we have notified the homeowner about the concerns with the hot tub, the homeowner is looking into replacement options.

We are so glad you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to your return business. Thank you again for your patronage.
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Berkeley Springs Cottage Rentals has the best selection of rentals in Berkeley Springs. We like to stay in town so we can walk to spas, shops and restaurants, and all of the in-town rentals are clean, spacious and well-equipped.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank fourcamperz
Dslough, Manager at Berkeley Springs Cottage Rentals, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind review! We're very glad that you enjoy the cottages and our little town. We strive to provide the perfect WV getaway for each of our guests. We're also glad that you choose to stay with us each year. We truly appreciate your business. Thank you again!

Best wishes,

The Staff at Berkeley Springs Cottage Rentals
UK
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Obviously this review is ONLY applicable to one of the many cabins administered by Berkley Springs Cottage rentals: Brookwood @ The Woods resort

Good
The design of the cabin was very nice with large open windows. It is secluded enough to be quiet and although you can see other cabins they are not close enough to cause any bother. The open layout was very nice and the outer deck was kitted with a grill which made for plesant evenings.

Not so Good
It would have been very useful to have more than one bin liner. On bathroom for up to 6 people is not ideal, and the hot water tank can only handle 4 hot showers in the morning. Decor in need of a re-fresh.

The bad
Sheets really smelled musty (reallllly musty). The staff did provide new sheets for the 2nd night on which was very useful. The towels had the same issue. Clearly there is some issue with how long this unit has been vacant or where the linens are coming from.

Overall:
It is a cheaper cottage and it is pleasant. However it is a solid 30 minute drive to Berkley Springs and the thought put into outfitting this cottage is not 100% (garbage bags, dishwasher soap, and clean linen please!). The upper bedroom is open (mezzanine style) so it can get noisy and light early if there are people downstairs. That said the deck is nice with chairs and a grill (plenty of gas/ utensils). Definitely possible to improve this from Average to Good with such a few small adjustments.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dslough, Owner at Berkeley Springs Cottage Rentals, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for your business and for posting this review. We greatly appreciate it. We're glad that you chose to stay at one of our cabins. Brookwood Chalet is a cozy, yet less modern cabin. Thank you for the feedback, we will certainly work on the issues that you mentioned. Later this month, the owner is actually meeting with a contractor to work on updating some aspects of the cabin. We will keep this review in mind during the update. We apologize again about the linens, but are glad that you reported the issue during your stay so that we could provide you with new sheets. We provide starter packs at the cabins that we manage. Typically, they include enough supplies to get you started during your stay. However, the supplies we leave at the cabins aren't meant to last for the entire stay.

Thank you again for your business, we hope that we can assist you in the future!

Warm wishes and kind thoughts,

The Staff at Berkeley Springs Cottage Rentals
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We spent a long weekend in Berkeley Springs and had a wonderful time. This was our first time in Berkeley Springs and using Berkeley Springs Cottage Rental and we are very pleased. I loved the online booking and reviewing all of the cabins that were available during our chosen time. Directions were very specific which is needed especially the first time. The cabin was lovely and met my expectations. The location is perfect, not too far from the town center of Berkeley Springs and close to Capacon State Park. It's private yet not secluded, the two cabins on either side of the Sanctuary on the Lake appear to have been vacant for some time. The cabin was clean and very well maintained. The lake is AMAZING, clean, crisp and perfect for floating on a raft or swimming.

There are a few suggestions I can make, however, nothing that effected the enjoyment of the cabin for the most part. We had to wash every dish, spoon, pot or glass before we used it. This was due to the dishwasher leaving residue. I believe this is due to the hard water and not poor loading of dishes. I think a water softener would help, however, it may not be practical. Next time I'll just bring paper plates and cups and skip using the dishes at the cabin which will make clean up easier also. The pots, pans and cooking utensils provided are in need of updating (I am an admitted kitchen snob), I would suggest avoiding teflon coating in the future. There were no cookie sheets for baking but other than that it was well stocked in variety. I found the bed in the master uncomfortable and the linens sub-par (again I may be a snob here) but I just generally prefer quality cotton sheets to polyester blend sheets (again I might just bring my own sheets next time). The television is no bigger than a computer monitor (about 20") but our party was not really interested in television watching. A larger television in the basement would have been nice if we were traveling with kids.

Overall, it was a great experience from start to finish. I would recommend Berkeley Springs, WV, Berkeley Springs Cottage Rental and Sanctuary on the Lake. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank GlimmerGal
Dslough, Manager at Berkeley Springs Cottage Rentals, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your business and for taking the time to submit a review. The cabin is beautifully located in a very scenic setting. We appreciate your feedback regarding the kitchen items and will certainly rectify that issue. Please feel free to call during your stay if there are any issues and we also leave a feedback / survey form in the cabin so we can obtain customer feedback and resolve any issues.

The homeowner did replace sheets and towels at the beginning of the summer season, but we will definitely look into that issue also.

Thank you again for your business and we hope you will visit again soon.

Stephanie Rebant
Vice President
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley Springs
The Country Inn of Berkeley Springs
The Country Inn of Berkeley Spri...
#1 of 4 in Berkeley Springs
Best Western Berkeley Springs Inn
Best Western Berkeley Springs In...
#2 of 4 in Berkeley Springs
#2 of 2 in Hancock
Super 8 Hancock MD
Super 8 Hancock MD
#1 of 2 in Hancock

Been to Berkeley Springs Cottage Rentals? Share your experiences!