“Nestled Pines Chalet”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Berkeley Springs
Berkeley Springs Cottage Rentals
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Nestled Pines Chalet”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stumbled on Berkeley Springs Cottage Rentals having dedicated ourselves to the Herculean task of finding a reasonably priced weekend rental outside of DC, with a hot tub, three days before Inauguration weekend. We had almost given up, but then we found Bobbi.

Bobbi is a gem. I spoke with her on the phone four times in one day, trying to pick the right location and figuring out pricing and whatnot. I would rent from Berkeley Springs again based on Bobbi alone.

Luckily, the cabin was great! We followed the spot-on directions provided in our confirmation email and had no trouble getting to the cabin or into the lock box where the keys were stored. Someone had already come by and turned on the heat inside the building and warmed up the downstairs hot tub.

You know how when you rent a house like this, you always expect it to look just a little shabbier than the pictures? Nestled Pines looked BETTER. Floor-to-ceiling picture windows in the living room looked out over an enormous front porch with a charcoal grill and a giant gas grill. A wood-burning fireplace was the visual focus of the living room. The two main bedrooms shared their own private side porch with a bench swing. The upstairs loft had a full bed and a kid-sized bed looking out over the living room and sharing the great porch view. The kitchen was clean and open with a six-person dining table and an adjacent screened-in porch with a four-person patio table.

Downstairs was a large basement game room with a ping-pong table, couches, second bathroom and a TV. It opened out to the downstairs porch with the coveted six-person hot tub. We managed to fit seven people in there (somewhat) comfortably every night we were staying in the cabin. I think we spent about eight hours total in there over the course of three days.

Were there flaws? Sure. The kitchen had almost everything you could possibly need, but was missing a big knife for chopping vegetables and could've used more sheet pans. Minor issue that we worked around. The hot tub, while incredible, was situated a little too close to the septic tank and we would get the occasional whiff of sulfur. It really didn't bother us.

And notice the rating, here. Five stars. Even with the little flaws, this was still a great vacation. Three nights, seven people, $638. You really can't beat that deal! I wasn't home for five minutes before I was going through the Berkeley Springs Cottage Rentals website trying to figure out which one we'll rent next.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kim C
Dslough, Manager at Berkeley Springs Cottage Rentals, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you so much for the nice review of Nestled Pines Chalet! We are happy you all had such a wonderful time at Nestled Pines and very glad that you found Berkeley Springs! We try very hard to meet all the needs of our guests to ensure enjoyable stays when you visit us.

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I had rented a different property from Berkeley Springs Cottage Rentals a few years ago for a girls' weekend (Cub's Loft) which was wonderful, and this time my family wanted to get away to the woods for Christmas so we tried a smaller place (Treetop at the Woods Resort). The folks in the office were a pleasure to work with, and when I tried to book a different cottage initially which resulted in a double-booking, I was offered a discounted rate for my second choice (which actually turned out to be perfect). The cottage was very clean, a bundle of wood was waiting next to the fireplace, and it had a great view of the woods. Wifi was faster than what we get a home, and while we never really watched TV (we had Scrabble tournaments instead!), we noticed that there were hundreds of channels available. Loved the fireplace and the views! We would definitely rent from this company again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank StJohnFan
Dslough, Manager at Berkeley Springs Cottage Rentals, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We are very pleased you enjoyed Treetop for your vacation. We really try hard to ensure all of our patrons have the best experience, and will do what ever necessary to make it happen. Have a wonderful New Year's holiday and we look forward ro seeing you in the future
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We have been using Berkeley Springs Cottage Rentals for the past four years and have been consistently pleased with their service and selection. We have been treated professionally and fairly each and every time. We would not hesitate to recommend these folks to others.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dslough, General Manager at Berkeley Springs Cottage Rentals, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback and response. We are so glad to hear you had a wonderful experience. Thank you very much for your business and excellent review. Our staff is committed to offering a high level of service and we appreciate you referring us to other potential renters. We hope to see you again soon!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Stayed at the Log Cabin Getaway during the long weekend in July 2011. The place was comfortable and tastefully decorated. Loved the porch ! A number of games and movies were also provided. One of our favorite log cabin experiences ! Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
srebant, Manager at Berkeley Springs Cottage Rentals, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback and we are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Log Cabin Getaway. That is a truly a charming and unique cabin and we are always appreciative of the guests' taking time to provide us their feedback. Thank you for your business and we hope you will visit Berkeley Springs again soon and stay with Berkeley Springs Cottage Rentals.

Bucyrus, Ohio, United States
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We have rented from these folks for several years. We consider one cottage to be our "home away from home," but we and our family members have rented several places, and the service has always been outstanding. Any minor problem has been handled quickly. The properties are clean, comfortable, and homey. In July during the big storm, my daughter had rented a property that lost power. The staff was quick to find her another residence, and our family reunion went on as scheduled. We also appreciate the pet-friendly accommodations. Great people, great service, great rentals!

Room Tip: See their website. The cottages are unique--pictures and descriptions are accurate.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Margaret T
srebant, Manager at Berkeley Springs Cottage Rentals, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Thornton Family,

It has been an absolute joy and pleasure to have such wonderful return customers like you and your family. Thank you so very much for your business and for the kind review. It is our pleasure to provide you quality lodging places in the beautiful Berkeley Springs Area.

We also appreciate your return business and when you stay at one of our properties you treat it with the same care you do your own home. Thank you for being such wonderful customers and we hope to see you again soon!

Happy Holidays,
Reviewed December 7, 2012

After utilizing Berkeley Springs cottage rentals for more than 5 years, I typically recommend properties to my friends and family. While staying at Nestled Pines Chalet for my annual women's retreat, it was obvious upon arrival that we made a big mistake renting this property. Not only was the place unclean, (i.e. stained carpets, dirty dishes, a broken microwave, mold in the bathroom,) the sewage smell near the hot tub was unacceptable! In fact, I didn't utilize the hot tub for this reason. The game room was hardly in tact, broken games, smell of mildew and overall, uninviting! Although they replaced the microwave, management told us that we are no longer welcome due to our complaints. This saddens me greatly, as I have been a huge fan of staying within their propterties. There were 6 women staying in the house (some of us are not very picky), who all agreed that we wouldn't have stayed there had we known what it would be like inside. The view was nice...enjoyed the outside of the property much more than the inside.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank lpalmes
Dslough, Manager at Berkeley Springs Cottage Rentals, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Please recognize that we are a small owner operated business that works 7 days a week and we have an outstanding reputation with our guests and in the community for our high standards.

The guests in this group have been coming to Berkeley Springs Cottage Rentals properties for a number of years, each time they come, our staff goes out of our way to try and please them . When they reserved this particular cabin, they were informed it is one of our more popular rustic properties and based on their past preferences we advised them to select a different property. This property was one of the few properties we still had available with a hot tub for their particular dates so they reserved.

On the last night of their three night stay, the guest came into the office with a number of complaints. I am the business manager and I was off work that day, but my staff contacted me and I spoke with the guest over the phone. She reported a number of items her group was dissatisfied with and that she was unhappy with all of her stays over the past 5 years. I offered to transfer her group to another property, but informed her that were nearly at 100% occupancy and we did not have another option available with a hot tub or the current 3 bedroom size property they were renting. I offered to send maintenance or housekeeping. The guest declined all of these offers multiple times; I also asked the guest repeated times what she wanted. She repeatedly told me just to “notify us of the issues” and I assured her that I would personally look into all of the items reported and take corrective action if needed. I also informed her if they were truly dissatisfied they could depart early; I would refund the remaining amount of their stay and I would look into the issues they reported and if applicable apply an additional discount when I was back in the office. They reported later that afternoon an issue with the microwave and we immediately delivered a new microwave.

The guest left feedback on our survey form, some of the items were legitimate issues that management and housekeeping were unaware of and we immediately resolved those issues. I gave this guest a total of a 20% discount for their stay and due to the overstated and unsubstantiated complaints during this visit and past visits, I respectfully recommended that this particular customer seek other lodging establishments for future visits to Berkeley Springs and provided her a list of reputable local lodging places. Although we welcome return business and have a long list of satisfied return guests, we cannot afford to do business with a guest whose objective is to continuously receive a discounted rate. I truly do not understand why after over a month has passed since their stay they decide to write multiple bad reviews. The guest was compensated for any issues during their stay and they declined an early departure with refund, housekeeping or maintenance visit. Please call us if you have any questions or concerns about this review at 304-258-5300.
Reviewed December 1, 2012

After a decade of yearly repeat business, our relationship with Berkeley Springs Cottage Rentals comes to an end. This stems from an abundant list of maintenance/ cleaning issues at above property. Main amenities we rented property for were lacking in all ways: hot tub, jet- impaired, located below deck facing road, with pungent sewage odors wafting through as you tried to enjoy mountain air and game room with only one fully functioning game, in a most unwelcoming, smelly basement.

Wish disappointment ended there, surprisingly it didn't. More surprising is when matters were brought to management, it was received in a condescending inhospitable manner, we're told they had no other properties to move us to and didn't give additional discounts, neither of which we requested. No mention of refund or additional cleaning visit. When asked if increasing our price point for future visits would ensure a rental more up to our standards, we were asked to take our business elsewhere in the future. Imagine giving glowing reviews and consistent business to a company, just to be told you're no longer wanted/welcome due to a poorly handled hospitality issue! An additional discount was issued upon returning home. This discount is an admission of guilt on their part (so we'll take it) their failure to provide accommodations up to the standards we've come to expect from them. Disloyalty, lack of concern for customers / inability to address obvious maintenance indicates standards have slipped in recent years. I've forwarded pictures / list of maintenance issues to Stephanie Rebant as well so that their staff can address in full.

Room Tip: Don't use Berkeley Springs Cottage Rentals. Use VRBO for good service.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Dthiess
srebant, Manager at Berkeley Springs Cottage Rentals, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear potential guests,

I would please ask you to recognize that the person who wrote this review is trying to hinder our business reputation. I have requested that Trip Advisor remove this untruthful review. I would ask you to please recognize the numerous satisfied customers that regularly stay at one of our chosen getaways. We take great pride in offering value priced properties that are in excellent condition. Many of our vacation rental customers have been so satisfied with their repeat experience that they have purchased a vacation home in the surrounding Berkeley Springs Area and placed on our vacation rental program.

I do not feel it is appropriate for our business to post the details of the compensation this guest was offered for their unsatisfactory stay; however; I will please state that the clients’ remarks are overstated and untruthful. We value our return customers and their feedback on any issues with the property and we take appropriate action to resolve any issues; however, some guests cannot be satisfied and it is better for both the business and client if they seek another avenue for lodging. If you have any questions or concerns with staying at one of our properties due to this untruthful review; I would encourage you to please call us at 304-258-5300 and ask for Stephanie Rebant or one of our friendly staff members will be glad to speak with you regarding any of your concerns.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley Springs
The Country Inn of Berkeley Springs
The Country Inn of Berkeley Spri...
#1 of 4 in Berkeley Springs
Best Western Berkeley Springs Inn
Best Western Berkeley Springs In...
#2 of 4 in Berkeley Springs
#2 of 2 in Hancock
Super 8 Hancock MD
Super 8 Hancock MD
#1 of 2 in Hancock

Been to Berkeley Springs Cottage Rentals? Share your experiences!