Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Beckley
$107
$59
$91
$119
All reviewsin house restaurantbreakfast buffetnice hotelwest virginiafront desk staffovernight stopliving areaindoor poolspent one nightwould stay here againcomfortable bedshot tublots of restaurantsnext morningking suitemyrtle beachcracker barrel
Reviewed July 26, 2014

I have rated this hotel as "Poor" but an "Average" rating is also possible, since the rooms are fine and everything in the room works. The lobby is nice and the hotel has a decent location. Those are about the only kind words I have.

The front desk has some people who are just rude. They are so rude, they could work in New York City! These people we encountered were not friendly nor nice and I am a Platinum Member of Holiday Inn. This hotel is another one of those Holiday Inn properties that could care less if you are Platinum or someone that has never stayed at the Holiday Inn. There was a mangy dog out in front the desk clerks were clearly more interested in the dog than they were the guests. Guests come second or third with this front desk crew. I don't expect a lot anymore, but how about a Hi or Hello when checking in and then again, when coming and going through the front door ( in the main door right by the front desk) another greeting of hi or hello. I think every guest deserves a greeting of hi or hello when coming into the hotel, but not this crew. They just scowl at you.

As a Platinum member, I stay at a lot of Holiday Inn properties (ergo Platinum) and I don't think I have been treated more rudely than at that property in West Virginia. There were also a number of kids in the hotel and they made a lot of noise late at night ( 10 pm to 1 am) and the hotel didn't seem to care much about my complaints.

We were travelling with another couple and they were 2 rooms down from us and they too had a difficult time sleeping with the noise. We had breakfast in the hotel and the food was awful, I mean just awful. We didn't do the buffet but ordered off the menu and food and tea was just pathetic. Cold tea that was supposed to be hot and crappy gravy with the biscuits. I complained to the waitress about the tea water and she said "well, we started with boiling water in the crock"....so??? The water was still cold to luke warm when I drank it.

I conclude my reviews as to whether I would return to the place. I try to maintain my Platinum level every year and even with that goal, I think I would opt for a Marriott property. I am an Elite member there was well and given my experience at this hotel, I would have to say that I would not come back. There are too many other hotels in the area which have to offer much less attitude and the same level of quality rooms. The Holiday Inn just isn't worth the frustration to be treated rudely.

Thus, try a different hotel and I think you would be happier.

Room Tip: My advice is opt for a Marriott Property.
1  Thank 678,855
Jay W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Beckley, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Dear 678855,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for being an IHG Rewards Club Platinum Member! I am quite disturbed by this and would like to hear from you personally. We are the number one ranked hotel on the exit and we didn't get there by treating people this way. Please reach out to me so I can resolve these issues for you. My email address is jwilliams@hliihotels.com and I hope to hear from you soon!

Thanks Again,

Jwilliams - GM

Reviewed July 26, 2014

It's a Holiday Inn, not a Holiday Inn Express so don't expect a free breakfast. Price was high, but there are few choices in town that accommodate 5-6 people which inflates prices. The hotel itself is clean and the room was kept in good order over our five day stay. The indoor pool is larger than most hotels, so kids loved that. We had only two concerns: the outdoor lighting would shine in the room and the curtains would not close enough to block the light and there is only one treadmill in the fitness room which was frequently occupied.
Overall, this hotel was fine for our needs. We stayed in a two queen plus sofa bed room and it was large enough for five of us. There was a small refrigerator, a microwave and a sink between the 2 queens and the living area. There was an actual door to the room with the two queens. The bathroom was located between the two rooms. Both rooms had a TV.
The hotel had a restaurant, but we didn't eat there. This property is located near several restaurants including a Cracker Barrel and a Bob Evans. It is also near the Interstate and is easy to get to.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

When we take road trips, we always stay at a Holiday Inn because they are clean and affordable. We also like having the option of a complementary breakfast for our group. I just assumed that this Holiday Inn would offer the breakfast buffet since we have always had one in the past. However, this hotel only offers full breakfast. We ordered room service instead. Most of the food was good, but the fruit we ordered was sour and inedible. That being said, the hotel itself is VERY nice, clean, and the room was big (we got the suite for 5 people). I WOULD recommend it to travelers, regardless.

Room Tip: The suite was especially nice for a family of 5. The portion with the pull out couch can be closed off by a door for additional privacy.
Reviewed July 17, 2014

This was a clean hotel but not worth the $199 plus fees.There was an event in the area that allowed them to inflate their rate.Tough to pay this in the middle of nowhere! We were not there for the event but taking our son to the Boy Scout Reserve at Summit. This was our 1st time in the area and we paid for our unfamiliarity. At best this is a $110 per night property. At least they didn't charge me for parking! :)

The staff was very friendly and I have no issues with my stay other than the price.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

It is your average Holiday Inn in items of room size and amenities. This Holiday Inn offers travelers a restaurant, indoor swimming pool, and free wifi. My twelve year old daughter is a big fan of hotels with swimming pools. We stopped for a one night stay on our way to Myrtle Beach in late June 2014. There were a number of chain restaurants close by. The hotel is located about a mile off the expressway, which makes it very convenient for people traveling through West Virginia. Breakfast is not included in the price; and moreover, it is not worth the extra cost. Go to IHOP right down the road for breakfast. It is much tastier and you get more for your money. The hotel lobby coffee was subpar, but free. The staff was friendly. Most importantly, the beds were comfortable and the room quiet. So we got a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank GMann003
Jay W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Beckley, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Dear GMann003,

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us. You are correct that the hotel does not offer a complimentary breakfast as we are a full service Holiday Inn versus a Holiday Inn Express that does have a complimentary breakfast. We do have complimentary coffee in the lobby as we know that helps to get the day going when you have to travel, I apologize that you did not care for it. I certainly hope that you will stop and stay with us again when your traveling through the area. I hope your daughter enjoyed the pool and please feel free to reach out to me jwilliams@hlihotels.com if you would like to discuss any further.

Thanks!