Stayed 2 nights 20th and 21st September (room 218)
The room was quite large, but the fridge was a mini-fridge and so we struggled to get our water etc. in there. There was no breakfast provided and it seemed quite pricy compared to the other hotels on our stay. In fact we booked 6 months in advance and only saved ourselves $2.00 a night (probably not worth the commitment) as we couldn’t cancel without losing the full cost.
Unlike some of the other hotels we had stayed at there was no preferential treatment for being a member of their loyalty scheme.
The pool was a reasonable size and was warm, but the hot tub was really too warm. However the pool room was cold, so you felt cold. The pool towels were a joke, as these were only hand towels.
Coffee and cups were left for the first night’s stay but were not replenished for our second night. We did discover as we were leaving that there was coffee around the corner from the lobby, but by this time it was a bit late.
The lights in the room were very poor and it made it difficult to read any paperwork etc.
Also the room was a little noisy as the hotel is on one of the routes to the main truck stops.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Beckley WV Hotel Welcomes you to a WV Vacation Paradise Discover the wild beauty and storied history of southern West Virginia when you stay at the smoke free Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites in Beckley WV. Ideally located off I-77 our Beckley hotel is close to the area's major attractions and businesses. Families enjoy our location because it provides easy access for their WV vacation. The Exhibition Coal Mine and Coal Heritage Trail are both nearby and offer a glimpse of West Virginia's coal mining past. The Tamarack is just a mile from our hotel. West Virginia also boasts the best world-class white-water rafting in the eastern US. After a day on New River's Class III-V rapids you'll be thankful for a Beckley hotel with a hot tub. Our indoor pool features an ADA-accessible lift; just another one of our Beckley hotel's thoughtful amenities. Business guests know that lodging in our Beckley hotel means convenient access to the adjacent Mountaineer Conference Center as well as the I.R.S. and Federal Court. Free high-speed Internet access and a business center make it easy to do business while on the road. We also offer 1150 sq. ft. of meeting space with conference and catering services. When you're looking for lodging in Beckley, think of Holiday Inn. As a family friendly hotel we feature a game room and a full-service restaurant where kids under 12 eat for free. Book your reservations for a WV vacation. Relax it's Holiday Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Beckley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites Beckley
- Holiday Inn Beckley
- Beckley Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Hotel Beckley