“Clean and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Beckley
Orangeville, Canada
“Clean and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was extremely clean and comfortable. We ate dinner and breakfast in the restaurant. While the food choices were limited, the server was very pleasant and attentive. The hotel pool was ok. We would stay here again when travelling through Beckley.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Leanne H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

We spent one night at this Holiday Inn in mid-March, 2014. It was clean and neat, the hotel staff were very warm and helpful, and the rooms were nicely appointed. We were tired after a long day, so opted to eat in the hotel restaurant, Kem's. It has a very limited menu, but the food was quite tasty and was fine for us. The only drawback of the stay were the beds. The mattresses were so hard that we were miserable all night. Perhaps this was limited to just the room we occupied, and perhaps the beds will relax over time. But it really did make the stay a unpleasant.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank TheDocPGH
Uxbridge, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

My family stays in this hotel once a year on our trip to South Carolina. The hotel is super-clean, right off the highway, and has both a great restaurant and a big pool for the kids. It is more money than many of the Beckley hotels but you get what you pay for!

The restaurant is great for a travellers hotel and the kids eat free. The pool is big, clean, and has a big hot tub right beside it.

We'll be back next year.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms in the place. Feel good about any room they give you.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

This hotel was quite clean and very comfortable. The staff were courteous and professional and the price is great. The breakfast buffet was sufficient but nothing special. Would definitely stay again but probably would not eat breakfast there.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Belmont, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were travelling back to NC from Ohio and decided to stop here for the night. Made a reservation over the phone , using our rewards membership and that went smoothly. Check in was fine and our room, a junior suite, was roomy. It was nice to have the efficiency kitchen in the room and the bed was comfortable.
At first I thought the room looked very clean and I will say the tub and shower were spotless. Then I discovered that there were a few problems. When I tried to use the oven the handle came off in my hand. When I tried to make coffee I discovered that the prior users coffee and filter were still in the maker....yuck. I was glad that coffee was available in the lobby. And when I needed some lotion for my hands I discovered that the bottle was in its correct place in the bathroom but had already been used. About 1/3 of the lotion was gone.
If we had been staying for more than one night I would definitely called the management but felt that for our short stay it wasnt worth it. I do feel that the cleaning staff should do a more thorough job .
I also agree that the price for our room was too high for what we got. The room was spacious but certainly not deluxe.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Christine C
Jay W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Beckley, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Christine C,

I would like to thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. As you can see from past reviews, our guest give us high marks for cleanliness. I do believe someone was In a bit of a hurry to finish this room and it wasn't inspected properly. Rest assured that I have addressed all issues with our staff in hopes it will not happen again. Please contact me personally at jwilliams@hlihotels if you get a minute to discuss your stay further. Thank you again for your review, this is how we improve!
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I usually stay at Holiday Inns when I travel alone, and I generally enjoy the stay. This Holiday Inn was not my favorite. Most other Holiday Inns offer a complimentary breakfast, often a hot breakfast. This hotel does not (although the room rates are the same). Instead, it has a restaurant with a more expensive menu than the nearby IHOP.

And the lady at the reception called me "Honey" every third or fourth word, even after she checked me in and verified my name. Seemed unnecessarily rude.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Doris R
Jay W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Beckley, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear Doris R,

Thank you for your feedback and I'm sorry your experience wasn't your best. There seems to be quite a bit of confusion between Holiday Inn Express that officers a free continental style breakfast with some hot items and Holiday Inn & Suites a full service hotel with a restaurant as we are. I hope you did get the opportunity to try the food in our restaurant as I feel our food prepared to order is excellent! Our front desk is very friendly and I'm sure the agent that checked you in did not mean to be rude. I will discuss this with her.

Thanks again for your input and please come back and see us!
Milford, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Beckley was our halfway point on our way to Chapel Hill, NC on Sunday Jan. 19, 2014
We were given bottled water when we arrived which was nice after driving all day. Check in was fast and easy and we preceded to our room. While in the elevator we were warned that the rooms surrounding us were occupied by a group of teenage skier. We were told not to expect much sleep. When the front desk called to see if everything was alright we mentioned that and Kari (I think that was her name) offered to come and help us move to a quieter room. Few minutes later she showed up at our door and moved our stuff. We had a great nights sleep and a very good breakfast the next day at the in house restaurant.
It was a very pleasant stay and it was due to Kari from the front desk.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family