Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Beckley
$89
Hotels.com
$89
$60
All reviewsin house restaurantfree breakfastnice hotelqueen suitewest virginiafront desk staffovernight stopindoor poolliving areawould stay here againspent one nightcomfortable bedshot tublots of restaurantsnext morningmyrtle beachcracker barrel
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Called this hotel in advance and made our reservation based on the pool and hot tub. The hot tub was very hot, almost to the point that we could not stay in it, and the pool was very cold, no one in our party could go in it. The staff was fantastic at the front desk and the rooms were clean and roomy. The beds were very comfortable, and clean! Would stay here again if we were in the area, but would consider another hotel as they do not provide a free breakfast as many hotels do these days. We were given a bag with a breakfast bar, a juice, and an apple to take with us, but after reading the reviews about the restaurant glad we took the bag breakfast.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Cbllc
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Stayed at Holiday Inn in Beckley on a recent ski trip to nearby Winterplace. This was the result of a Hotwire purchase, so naturally the price was fantastic. Like any other Holiday Inn, this place was very clean, comfortable, and welcoming.

One note, though, is that this is NOT a Holiday Inn Express. As far as I could tell, that only means that there's no breakfast included. They do have a restaurant which appeared to be fairly pricey despite my Holiday Inn Priority Club status ($7 per person excl. tax and tip is what I was told). Considering I'd be paying full price for my 3 small kids, it didn't make sense so we went to IHOP right down the street. That was fine, but I would have liked to have a quick breakfast in the morning so we could head to the slopes faster.

This Holiday Inn is a good place to stay, and I'd recommend it. Just be aware that if you are looking for a quick/cheap breakfast to get your day started, you'll have to look elsewhere.

Happy travels!

1  Thank SegundoLunadeMiel
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We stayed here because we had been at Winterplace all day. Needless to say we were exhausted by the time we got there. The room was small to have 2 Queen size beds in them but who cares when you are just there to sleep as long as you have a comfortable bed & hot water - which we did have both! The staff was nice. We ate breakfast the next morning at Kems (the on site restaurant). It seemed to be very busy & the we waited for 10 minutes to just get a table. The buffet was OK & the kids did get to eat free, which was good considering they didn't eat what they had on their plates. Overall, we would stay here again, just not eat at the restaurant.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Beckley is the midpoint between where family lives so we have made several trips in the past. This was the second time at this Holiday Inn and will likely be the last at this hotel. The desk and housekeeping staff were pleasant but the rest of the experience was less than expected. We regularly stay at a Holiday Inn as one of our preferred hotels because of the consistent quality of the facilities and service. Nothing was what I would call terrible but more just not what I would expect. There was a lot of snow while we were there but it did not seem that it was well treated by the doors and in the drop off areas. It was difficult to find an open space to park as we arrived late and it appeared the hotel was near capacity. We stayed in a 2 room suite due to having our grandchildren, and needed space for them but the living room area was extremely small although the sleeping area was roomy. We have stayed in other hotels with suites that were more roomy in the living area. One of the reasons that we choose this hotel was for the indoor pool and spa. The pool water was extremely cold which only allowed us to be in the pool for a very short time until we were all too cold to enjoy. The spa did not turn on and had towels floating in it when we went down as well as a layer of foam with a very unattractive color to it so we could not use that either. We went to breakfast each morning and went later on the first morning but it was very busy and the buffet was not well maintained with food. We had to go back for some items when they were finally stocked. The second morning we went early and the waitress we had was different but not very attentive and gave me a coffee caraffe but never brought me a coffee cup. The wait staff seemed very overwhelmed. The food was acceptable but service was a little slow. We were a little disappointed when we talked after checking out and will choose one of the other hotels in the area on our next trip.

1  Thank rbcottom
Jay W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Beckley, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear rbcottom,

I would like to thank you for your feedback on our hotel and I am sorry that we didn't measure up to your expectations. The snow storm that we experienced lasted a few days and proved to be very challenging for us. Many of our staff was unable to make it to work and many of them I went and picked up so we would have staff to take care of the property and guests. We all worked very hard during that time with long hours to cover those who couldn't get there. Our pool and spa stay at a constant temperature as per Holiday Inn Standards and spas do tend to get a bit foamy with heavy use.
We were very short staffed for the amount of traffic in the restaurant due to the weather so please forgive us and give us another try. I am very proud of our hotel and staff, we truly care about our guests and our property.

Please contact me personally the next time you head this way and I will guarantee you a great stay!!

jwilliams@hlihotels.com

Reviewed February 14, 2014

My husband and I pricelined a room in Beckley as we were traveling through and got the Holiday Inn for $62. We lucked out! We've always been pleased with Holiday Inns and this was no exception. When we checked in the receptionist told us there was a cocktail party for guests from 6-8:00 - just behind the lobby, in a lovely area with fireplace, etc. Trish... (I think) was the Asst Mgr and she greeted us at the reception, introducing herself and introducing us to the other guests. As each new person came in, she rattled off everyone's names in the rooms, making introductions. Quite a talent!... and she accomplished her mission by getting folks to chat. Food was excellent too. Very different for apps. Caprese Salad, Ceviche Salad....good!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family