WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Beckley
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Superb stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

The lobby was clean, inviting and staff members were friendly. Coffee at the coffee stand off to the right of lobby was very good. The bed was comfortable and pillows had a nice fluff to them.

Our room was exceptionally clean and well appointed. We could not hear any noises from other rooms or from the road.

On site restaurant.

Highly recommend!

Room Tip: We booked our trip by using Priceline.com and got a very good rate.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank suezp

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

My 8-year-old son and I spent one night at this hotel on our way from Atlanta to Punxsutawney for the Thanksgiving holiday. We just wanted a clean, quiet place to stay - someplace near the highway. Our room had twin Queen beds, and it seemed clean enough. Something in my bed bit me once on the leg in the night, though. When my son woke up, he showed me several fresh insect bites on his stomach. I searched both beds and the Internet for an explanation, and the best explanation I could find was young bedbugs. We have never encountered them before, and we're now boiling our pajamas, to be on the safe side. When I told the clerk at the front desk about it, he smirked and said, "Well! We've never had reports of THAT before!" He then added a comment to the effect of, "How awkward that must have been for you." So to ensure that this never happens to us again, we're avoiding Holiday Inns from now on. We suggest that you do the same!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Paige W
Jay W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Beckley, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear Paige W,

Firstly, I want to thank you for your review of our property. A report of this type is something we take very seriously! I assure you that it will be investigated immediately and thoroughly. As you stated, we are a clean well kept hotel but bugs can travel with anyone and become an issue at any hotel overnight. The only thing I ask is that you not avoid the entire Holiday Inn brand for this issue as we greatly appreciate you as our guest! I will do whatever I can to restore your faith with our property.
Please contact me via email at jwilliams@hlihotels.com and let me know the best way to reach out to you.
Sandusky, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

This property is not up to the typical standards of the vast majority of IHG properties. There is a small coffee station, which was not maintained very well. There is no breakfast room with complementary standard breakfast options at almost every other HIE IHG property. I am a platinum member of IHG and apparently that doesn't mean anything at this property. If you are driving up/down I-77 and want to crash for the night, this is a clean property and appears to be a bit newer. As for the usual amenities that I expect at all other HIE IHG properties, it just isn't here.
The walls and floors are so thin that you can hear people talking in the room right next to you. The guy staying below us kept calling the room saying we were being too loud but we were only walking across the floor. The guy above us sounded like he was wearing giant stomping boots when he walked as well and I tried to explain this to the guy staying below us. This is a noisy property that was not built with insulation or sound reduction in mind.

Room Tip: There is no tip.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank kentgrad
Dear kentgrad,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you weren't thrilled with your stay. We work very hard and are passionate about making every stay a great one with particular attention to our IHG Rewards Club Members.
Our property is a Holiday Inn & Suites with a full service restaurant not an Express with a complementary breakfast. There seems to be a bit of confusion with the difference between the two brands so we offer a free grab-n-go breakfast bag at the front desk just in case.
I would enjoy discussing your stay with you either in person or by email if you'd like as we are constantly updating and looking for ways to better serve our guests.
Please contact me at jwilliams@hlihotels.com or simply call the front desk and they will direct you to my office. Again thank you for your thoughts, I hope to hear from you soon!
durham,nc
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

I spent one night on way to Pittsburgh from NC. As other reviewers have commented, this was clean, quiet and comfortable. Check-in was efficient and welcoming. The room on the fourth floor was quiet. The only slight negative was the ac which sent cold air directly on to the bed. No way to direct vents but an extra pillow strategically placed solved the problem.
The price was a little high for this part of WVA, but if all stays were this predictable, it would be a good deal and better than unpleasant surprises at a cheaper price.

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank ncgrampy
Charleroi, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

Very nice hote. The staff were friendly and very helpful. The room was very clean and comfortable. I will definitely stay here again. Was very easy to get on and off highway. The on-site restaurant was good. They did not have the continental breakfast that I am accustomed too when staying at a Holiday Inn Express, I suspect this was due to having the in-house restaurant.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Paeonian Springs, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

First time at this hotel. Close to the Interstate exit; quiet, nice room, refrigerator, coffee in room or in the lobby. The swimming pool and restaurant looked fine, although I used neither. Easy parking.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

We recently stayed here one night on our way back from the beach. Hotel was very nice. Rooms were clean and had flat screen tvs and wi fi also had mini fridge and microwave. We did not use the pool but it looked nice. Restaurant in hotel seemed to have a nice menu, although my son got a pizza and didn't care for it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family