Got a great rate online on a Friday night at short notice. When we checked it in was obviously a slow night. Greeted warmly and genuinely. Key packets already made up. Standard rooms with a fridge and microwave.
It sits a few blocks off the interstate with a Microtel and a Country Suites, all owned by the same company. Practically in its parking lot is a large liquor and cigarette emporium, and within a 3 minute walk is a Cracker Barrel.
This is one of Holiday Inn's newer building types. Two-story lobby with an island-like reception desk, and 'Kem's Diner' restaurant beyond a large fireplace and seating area. Business center just off of the lobby, slow elevator, didn't explore too much.
The Diner has a slightly seperate bar, too, very capable with a good selection of beers (one local brew) and other alcoholic drinks. I don't remember the menu items, but generally typical American hotel food. I had a 12-inch 4 Cheese pizza which was way too much food for one person. Very doughy crust, overcooked cheese. It was average but filled me up. For a Friday night the restaurant and bar were dead.
The room was large with a small but comfortable and clean bathroom. The bedroom had a large couch in it, too, with a mediocre work desk area. Large flat-panel LCD TV. Refrigerator/microwave. The shower/bath was a one-piece fiberglass unit which was tall enough for me but I'd say if you're over 6'2" would be uncomfortably short.
The property opened in June '07 so is very fresh and clean. In fact, the hallways smelled very nicely - not your typical hotel air freshener. More along the lines of what they use at a Hotel Indigo. Got a great night's sleep in the very comfortable bed with fresh linens. Overheard the staff saying the outdoor pool is heated, and was indeed open on that chilly December night.
Saturday morning, we didn't have breakfast here, opting instead for Cracker Barrel next-door.
I've rated it highly due to its extreme newness, its value, and its location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Beckley WV Hotel Welcomes you to a WV Vacation Paradise Discover the wild beauty and storied history of southern West Virginia when you stay at the smoke free Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites in Beckley WV. Ideally located off I-77 our Beckley hotel is close to the area's major attractions and businesses. Families enjoy our location because it provides easy access for their WV vacation. The Exhibition Coal Mine and Coal Heritage Trail are both nearby and offer a glimpse of West Virginia's coal mining past. The Tamarack is just a mile from our hotel. West Virginia also boasts the best world-class white-water rafting in the eastern US. After a day on New River's Class III-V rapids you'll be thankful for a Beckley hotel with a hot tub. Our indoor pool features an ADA-accessible lift; just another one of our Beckley hotel's thoughtful amenities. Business guests know that lodging in our Beckley hotel means convenient access to the adjacent Mountaineer Conference Center as well as the I.R.S. and Federal Court. Free high-speed Internet access and a business center make it easy to do business while on the road. We also offer 1150 sq. ft. of meeting space with conference and catering services. When you're looking for lodging in Beckley, think of Holiday Inn. As a family friendly hotel we feature a game room and a full-service restaurant where kids under 12 eat for free. Book your reservations for a WV vacation. Relax it's Holiday Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Orbitz, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Beckley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites Beckley
- Holiday Inn Beckley
- Beckley Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Hotel Beckley