“you will not find it anywhere else”
Review of Tamarack

Tamarack
Ranked #2 of 13 things to do in Beckley
More attraction details
Owner description: A regional showcase of WV made Arts & Craft offers special events, craft demonstrations, a Fine Art gallery, a Theater, and a food court featuring treats created by our master chefs.
Blacksburg, Virginia
71 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 105 helpful votes
“you will not find it anywhere else”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

what you can buy here will be difficult to find in other places, or probably you will not find at all. Coal art, handmade ceramic, good pieces of art. Do not expect cheap prices, this are made in the US things, not made in China.

Visited August 2012

Cross Lanes, West Virginia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“kinda overpriced”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

i loved the items but think i can get them for less. a great selection of handcrafted items and foods. it is worth the visit but be ready to pay a hefty price.

Visited August 2012
Scarbro, West Virginia
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“The Best of West Virginia”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We've needed a place like Tamarack for a long time. Such gifted artisans in West Virginia and now we have a place to show off their wares. The prices are not cheap, but this really does represent the best arts and crafts you'll find in the state in a lovely setting.

Oh, and the Greenbrier restaurant is out of this world. You're in for a great meal here. Enjoy!

Visited November 2012
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“A little bit of "Almost Heaven" all in one place”
Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

Tamarack is an annual "must-do" on the mother-daughter-dog road trip I take with my mom and her constant companion, the intrepid dachshund Heidi. We stop here on our trip from mom's house in North Central WV to my home Florida. It's a great opportunity for me, a Floridian for the past 25 years, to experience the best artisanal crafts handmade in WV all in one place and Mom can get a fried green tomato sandwich. The crafts are beautiful, if a little pricy, but I haven't been able to get back to one of WV's premier craft shows like Ripley, in several years so I'm willing to pay the price for having the work of some of my favorite craftspeople all in one spot. I almost always find a few must have Christmas gifts while I'm there. The cafeteria isn't bad, again a little pricey, but according to Mom the fried green tomato sandwich is as good as Grandma's. As you can tell, I'm not a big fan of FGT's. If you time it just right they might also have some local entertainment strolling around. There is a large gas/travel plaza just across the road so it's a great place to stretch your legs, grab a bite to eat, shop a little, and gas up before you hit the road again.

Raleigh, North Carolina
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Stop here and see art”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I recommend stopping at Tamarack and seeing the art vendors. There is a restaurant with good food and lots of choices. Free refill on drings. There are many artists who are selling their work. We enjoyed watching the glass blowing demonstrations. We purchased several items including some unique holiday ornaments. We even saw a Raggedy Ann Doll. Lot's of West Virginia culture and art. We spent about an hour at Tamarack.

Visited November 2012

Been to Tamarack? Share your experiences!