“Granddaughter says BEST EVER MASHED POTATOES in her life!!”
Review of Tamarack

Tamarack
Ranked #3 of 115 Restaurants in Beckley
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 6, 2017

We had just arrived back home in Beckley and had our granddaughter with us. We were all hungry, and had never tried Tamarack. My husband saw a sign about their food so we decided to go in and give it a try. I got the horseradish encrusted Salmon with mashed potatoes and bread, our granddaughter got the chicken tenders with mashed potatoes and bread, and my husband got the pinto beans, greens, and biscuits. I took one bite of my food and was amazed. The salmon was amazing, but even more amazing were the mashed potatoes. I was talking about my food, and my granddaughter said these are the best mashed potatoes I have ever had in my life...(she's 9). All I wanted to find out after that was how I could make them taste like that. WOW, WOW, WOW!!! After tasting the food, I want to go to the Greenbrier... been here over 30 years and have never been there or tasted their food. Yum!! Thank you Greenbrier and Tamarack, I was told that Greenbrier makes the food!!

Reviewed September 5, 2017

Our family stopped here for lunch as we were passing through. It's a big modern building with high end crafts and a cafeteria food court. There are many options here -- deli, grill, bakery, etc. My husband and son had the chicken pot pie - looked good but they said it was so so. I had the trout which was a very generous portion with 2 sides for $12.95. Very filling. Also we got some killer desserts - key lime pie, pecan peach bread pudding with caramel sauce..... oo lala!! Highly recommend the trout!! There are some cool places to sit down to eat your meal - outside, and various settings inside. This is a great stop for real food!! Nice shops too - there is a Greenbrier shop with lots of Greenbrier china, clothing, etc.

Reviewed September 2, 2017 via mobile

We stopped along our route. It's a nice place to stop and walk around. The crafts are interesting to look at. The cafeteria has good food, but it cost our family of three close to $40 for lunch. Definitely worth a stop, but be aware of the food prices.

Reviewed August 10, 2017 via mobile

Expensive West Virginia hand made art and products sold here , free to enter ....they started a very good all u can eat breakfast for $10....

Reviewed July 25, 2017

Elevated Cafeteria Style Dining - Locally Sourced Products Scratch Made, Premium Dining - The atmosphere is open and pleasant, I was greeted by a hostess who explained the ordering process - the menu is extensive and although it is cafeteria style, many items can be customized and even cooked / made to order. Unique items like WV Pan Fried Trout, Fried Green Tomatoes, things you just don't see at a cafeteria, much less a pure cook to order place. The food is elevated and premium scratch made. Portions are great and quality is high, they even have an all you can eat breakfast.

1  Thank barngrilmgr