“Great Meal”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed December 6, 2013

My wife and I and friends plan our trips to eat lunch here on the way through the area, yes handmade goods are expensive but the problem is we are all used the prices for things made in China. Every meal I have had here has been great including one over the Thanksgiving holidays on the way back home, I had trout, sauteed green beans/mushrooms roasted red potatoes, my wife had breadcrumb encrusted salmon which was as good or better than the trout, broccoli casserole and roasted potatoes, we split a piece of cheesecake/fresh berries and 2 ice teas all for $23.80 What a great tasting meal and with good quantities, I feel it it worth every penny for the quality of food you are getting. Some are complaining on here but you cannot please everyone, I can't wait til we eat there again.

There are newer reviews for Tamarack

Reviewed November 23, 2013

We were visiting West Virginia and stopped in Tamarack to see the local artist work and get some suggestions on places to visit in the area. It was a great place to find local artists working in many areas of creating---pottery, slate, glass, wood, yarn, painting, photography, etc. There was also an area to get information on local attractions. It was at this meeting with a very knowledgeable woman that we learned about an adventure camp not far from Tamarack. We contacted the adventure camp when we left and enjoyed the rest of the day there with white water rafting down the beautiful river and a visit to a beautiful state park nearby. In summary, we found Tamarak to be an interesting place to stop and enjoy a few hours of seeing West Virginia through the artwork of the area artists that is all beautifully displayed in one beautiful building. We also found their tourist information center on site very helpful and would stop there again for ideas for daily adventures in the area.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Tamarack is all about the arts and crafts of WVA. Lots of talented people who charge a significant price for their work. It was nice to see what the folks do in their spare time and for a living, but we did not purchase anything.

They have a nice restaurant and helpful people in their travel lodge.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

The Tamarack is a wonderful way to take a break while traveling. Always a pleasure to stop there and grab a bite to eat and fuel up. Tamarack is a "must stop" on out itinerary every time we pass through!

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We have trouble explaining Tamarack to others. "So it's a rest area, but it has a great restaurant & great shopping, as well as an interesting design to the building." The latest time we stopped was just before closing, so I did not get my first choice. I had chicken breast (which seemed dry, but that is what you get for arriving "late"), greens, & mashed potatoes. My husband loved the barbecued pork. Fantastic shopping--budget in time for buying Xmas presents or whatever it is you need.