“Be key hotel stay”

Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Beckley
GALLOWAY
“Be key hotel stay”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Very friendly staff. But rude guest across the hall kept coming out to the hallway to talk on his cell so he did not wake his family but did not care about others

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

RON F, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Beckley, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
so sorry for the inconsiderate guest and we try to add more to breakfast bar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
VIRGINIA BEACH
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Just had to get use to high beds. I have one at home and I have a special step because I am so short. Great decor. and so clean. Keep up the good work. The staff was so friendly. Just missed having bananas in the morning.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

1 Thank VIRGINIA C
RON F, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Beckley, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
great stay many thanks spread the word we appreciate ya
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Stopped by late while driving from NC to IN. Decent breakfast, clean, looked recently remodeled. (Old elevator newer looking rooms). A little expensive for what was a cheapish hotel but we got the summer special price of $93.

• Stayed September 2012
RON F, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Beckley, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
thanks, appreciate your kind words glad to see our efforts are paying off come again
Saginaw, Michigan
Reviewed September 6, 2012

It's a cost friendly place. Don't walk in expecting 5* accommodations and you won't be disappointed. It was 3* clean, safe, and the staff did their best. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if I was passing thru.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
many thanks for taking the time to do our review your imput helps us help others se ya soon
Marietta, Ohio
Reviewed September 5, 2012

of the cheaper motels in beckley this one is probably the best..I think back in the day it was a first generation hampton inn...I arrived early afternoon for a 10 hour stay, truck parking along roadway across from motel...I was greeted by a freindly lady at check in..the room was supposed to be $72.10 whick I was very happy with..the room was freshly remodeled and very clean..the bed was absolutely great( way better than any other cheaper chain, by far)...the only problem was the A/C had a hard time keeping room cool, and it was fairly loud...but for the price it was fine...I went to check out at midnight and when I got my receipt I had been charged $98.10! quite the jump from the $72.10 I was told at check in I brought this to the gentlemens attn and he said I was already billed to call back at 3:00 pm and talk to the manager,I would not leave until it was fixed..furthermore I had to turn in my expense report between 6:00-7:00 am so I could not wait until mid afternoon....he had to call his manager at midnight and ask what to do and then call the corp. office and ask them... it was fixed but took over 25 minutes to fix...I am not sure how the price went up $26.00 in 10 hours if it had not been for this problem I would have went with a better review rating...this is a very nice place and I will stay again but I will speak with the manager before checking in next time..

Room Tip: top floor room was nice and quiet and freshly remodeled
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
wow what a nice review...we apoligize for the mix up on billing...i will assume blame, however we have learned to dbl check rates see ya soon
Burgettstown, PA
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed here because it was the closest room that we could find to the State Fair of WV. The front desk personnel were very friendly and efficient. The breakfast was adequate but nothing fancy. BUT....the room was not very good. We stayed in a "non-smoking" Jacuzzi room (this was due to a mix up on their part, we didn't book a jacuzzi room). However, i don't know how long this room has been designated non-smoking but it has been smoked in - not sure if it used to be a smoking room, but it smelled of stale smoke....YUK!!! Just an awful smell. And the cleaning staff didn't do a great job either. There were dead moths in the floor under the long curtain beside the a/c, and a used straw just under the edge of the bed. Also, in the bathroom there was a half used bottle of shampoo on top of the shower stall. Needless to say, we did not feel as though we were in a thoroughly cleaned room. Also, while we were watching TV a centipede scurried across the floor and into the bathroom!!! Thankfully my husband managed to squish it. So I can't say that I would recommend the Baymont. But it will do in a pinch, I guess.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
RON F, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Beckley, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
we are so sorry that someone broke policy, my hope is that you did report it to the desk....we thought we were upgrading you, my deepest apology and should you visit us again, please remind us about your last experience and we will do our best to give you our best many thanks
Peachtree Corners, Georgia
Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

Very Dirty - hallways, elevator, even very dirty sock fom past guest on the sofa in our room. Others complained AC didn't work in their room. Whole property is dated even though they advertize rennovated. Would not honor coupon from discount magazine. Breakfast ok. Will not return.

Stayed August 2012
we apologize that you felt the hotel was not up to standard..we have hired new folks, and the hotel is striking clean

Travelers are raving about these Beckley hotels