“Worst customer service ever!”

Baymont Inn & Suites Beckley
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Beckley
Spotsylvania, Virginia
“Worst customer service ever!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

We were told we could have a room with a cot. Upon arrival we discoverd there isn't enough space for cots in any double bed room. They had empty rooms and refused us access to another room. They didn't even offer us extra pillows! The general manager still thought we should pay 111 for the room. I contacted there customer service center 3 times. Finally I was offered half off.. what a joke! I will never give my money to this company again. They should really think about training their staff to consider basic customer service skills.

• Stayed July 2012
RON F, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Beckley, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
i am deeply sorry that the stay was as described,and am thankful you received your discount...i cant say more as i and noone else can recall this,however know that as a person and mgr i really care....please give the brand another try,and if you are in the area come see us again, and we will do our best to offer and give you the best.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

We took the last available room. The room and bathrooms were clean . The sink and toilet were cracked. The bed was way too soft. My husband and I sank and rolled to the center. It was very noisy. Breakfast was 2 kinds of cereal, waffles, yogurt, breads, and donuts...standard hotel breakfast.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank joni c
RON F, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Beckley, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
thanks for the review everything is new now
Tiffin, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

My wife and I had to make a few trips down south over the past few months. Beckley is a half-way point, so it is usually late at night when we stop for the night. I have stayed at other hotels in Beckley that were decent. I have yet to figure out what is going on that some of them are sold out at the oddest dates. Anyway, on our last trip down south we stayed at a place nearby that was air freshener nuts. Orange everything. Other than that it was O.K. On the way home we were definitely NOT staying at the "other place" and would try the Baymont. The price was the same, but the Baymont was NICE!! Clean, Quiet, and comfortable. I HIGHLY recommend this place. If I travel through there again, I want to go there. We did drop a bag of clothes, and Ron was great, (UPS corporate wasn't, UPS local fantastic) he got our bag boxed up and when UPS finally picked it up, it made it back home to us. Thanks Ron and crew for making our stay a great experience! John

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank John A
RON F, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Beckley, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
we thank you and appreciate your business
Northern Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

Upon entering the lobby and seeing it was clearly an aged hotel, and then being told how I had to hold the door and card just so in order for the door to open, I was a little bit skeptical. But when we got to the room, it was clean and decent sized. It is definitely a budget hotel, and as such, meets and exceeds what your expectations should be. There are no special amenities or anything, it's very no frills, but they deliver what they say. They're also really serious about noise in the hotel, with a sign and people from the front desk investigating every noise. The free breakfast was basic, but it's free so you really can't complain. They had a typical spread of bagels, pastries, cereal, waffles, yogurt, etc. I think the price is a bit steep for what they offer and we'd probably look into a different hotel in the area that is similarly priced next time. But we would stay here again without hesitation if we needed to.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank HokieTravelGirl
many thanks for the truth we do strive
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

The place was clean, had granite countertops, just lovely. We looked at the Microtel Inn and yuck, it was so unclean and the lobby was bad, so then we marched over to Baymont and it was perfect !!!!

Room Tip: rooms by the parking lot are quieter than the freeway side.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kiki0412
we certainly appreciate your review and hope to see you soon thanks for choosing baymont
Fishersville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at Baymont Inn & Suites. It was very clean and nice for our family for the evening. What made the stay the best was the outstanding service that we recieved. Ron was very professional and extremely friendly. I can find a clean hotel anywhere but Ron will keep us coming back to Baymont in the future. Thank you so much and we will see you again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Heather P
RON F, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Beckley, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
you are welcome in more than one way..see next time ron
Somerset, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

After driving 16 hours from Flordia's Gulf Coast on our way back home to PA we decided to stop here for the night & get some much needed rest. We were traveling with a 4 year old, 1 year old & my inlaws. Staying here was our biggest mistake ever. Even though it was only an over night stay, just a place to rest our heads it was much too long of a stay. Our rooms were like Florida in August. I swear they were atleast 85 degrees +. The more we turned up the AC the hotter the rooms seemed to get. We were all so tired, not to mention the kids would have never gotten back into the car to save a soul that night. So, we decided to stay. There was so much noise coming from the hall way.It was hard to sleep with the noise & the heat.
The next morning while moving our things from the room we saw the maid in the hallway & she said that our room was one of the hottest rooms she had been in & told us that the AC was broken & that the hotel staff knew that. Upon check out we told the receptionist & asked to speak with the manager, she proceded to tell us that he was not there but gave us his card & schedule.
After returning home a few days later I called & spoke with the manager who then told me he would look into the situation & call me back. However, it was Labor Day weekend & he wasn't sure how many days it would take to get back to me. Needless to say it's been 7 months now & I have not heard back from him.....

Room Tip: I would not reccomend staying here unless it was the middle of January during a sub zero snow storm...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
please allow me to apologize for not answering quicker..it must have skipped my mind, i did the research and saw that we had given a disount but failed to call ya bvack...however all new units ac-heat have been placed in most rooms

Travelers are raving about these Beckley hotels