“Dates but friendly and decent”

Microtel Inn by Wyndham Beckley
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Beckley
Reviewed March 24, 2014

There are newer reviews for Microtel Inn by Wyndham Beckley

Reviewed March 19, 2014

The staff at this Microtel were extremely helpful in assisting our group with our stay. Despite the weather conditions, they were able to keep informed about the changing weather conditions which were affecting our travel plans. The Wyndham Beckley is strategically located for our trip South and the return trip North. I would recommend this hotel for your travel plans.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Reviewed March 17, 2014

This is one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed and I have stayed at 174 hotels on business last year. Where do I begin. The lobby is filthy, the elevator I did not want to even press the button is was so dirty. Not to mention the F word was written in big letters in the elevator, graffiti in the hotel and no attempt to remove it.

The room not sure what decade if any the carpets were cleaned last. The TV was from the 70's and did not have a remote control, even asked at the front desk. The hot tub was not working. The breakfast, the muffins were stale and the bread was moldy.

I will NEVER stay at a Microtel Inn again, I have advised all my friends, family, colleagues to avoid them at all costs.

The only good thing was the front desk staff who were friendly but I cannot believe management subjects staff to work in a filthy disgusting environment.

I was to stay here on my way back from South Carolina but I will never again not only stay here but not stay at another Microtel, even if it was free.

In hindsight I should have checked out immediately but I drove 11 hours and I was exhausted and due to the road conditions I decided to stop. Next time I will continue on until I get to a reputable chain.

For the price I paid, I would have preferred to sleep in my car.

Room Tip: DO NOT CHOOSE A GOOD ROOM! CHOOSE A BETTER HOTEL. I had to take a shower as soon as I got to my nex...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple