“Weekly Stays” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Microtel Inn by Wyndham Beckley

Microtel Inn by Wyndham Beckley
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Beckley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Highland, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

For the past three years, my sister and I have driven my elderly parents to Florida, and we have stopped at this hotel for one night each time on our way. We always get an adjoining room to our parents and always are on the 1st floor even though there is an elevator. We were glad to see a wall was removed in the breakfast area, opening it up a bit. Breakfast is the typical juice, coffee, cereal, toast and muffins. However was glad there also were apples, oranges and a variety of fruit yogurt. In the rooms there was new carpet, new curtains in the windows (which also has a nice cushioned window seat), and new bedding on comfortable beds which add to the great stay for the price you pay. We don't use the pool, however there was a sign on the door informing people it is not a heated pool. The staff were very pleasant and we would definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Traverse City, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

High marks for this facility, just a few demerits short of a 5-star rating. Microwave and mini-fridge with HBO on tv add value. The amenities are all I expect from a 4-star rating, good bed, good linens and a well-furnished room. It's my stay when I visit Beckley.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

We were able to find a room at a very affordable rate. The room was very clean and comfortable for the one night we stayed. A small breakfast with coffee and juice was offered the next morning. The staff treated us like we were at home. I would recommend this hotel to other travellers.

Room Tip: Just ask for a quiet area of the hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Paducah, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Indoor pool is NOT heated, my children almost went into hypothermic shock after jumping in. Legs began to turn blue, lips, etc. I asked the guy at the front desk if he was aware and he told me its just an indoor pool and isn't heated. Their web site says it is heated. Sheets had burn holes in them in nonsmoking room. The breakfast is not much but I really didn't expect it to be. Outside doors do not lock, anyone can get inside, the wires are hanging out of the door. If improvements have been made recently I would hate to see the shape it was in before. I have stayed in several Microtel's in the past but this one is by far the worst. If you are just looking for a nights sleep while traveling thru it would work ok for you but if you are in town for a few days with your family then stay somewhere else. It was bad enough for me to call Wyndham (parent company) Thanksgiving afternoon to inform them of the issues. The man I spoke to was very nice, I have never done that before but really felt it was necessary after the front desk clerk was to busy on his personal phone to answer my questions about the pool. Seriously, it was maybe 65 degrees! I suggested a sign be placed on the pool door, that doesn't lock either, saying it wasn't heated and no sign was placed that I ever seen.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Beckley hotels