“SMOKE!”

Microtel Inn by Wyndham Beckley
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Beckley
Reviewed September 23, 2011

If you dont like smoke dont stay here....cheap but nasty, dirty.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Microtel Inn by Wyndham Beckley

Reviewed June 27, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for one night because the Microtel in our home state was decent, and there was nothing else available. We paid $96.00 for one night. As soon as we walked in we noticed that the furniture in the lobby was sunk in looking and covered with blankets (all three pieces). Right above the counter there were two holes in the ceiling. The male worker at the counter greeted us very friendly and helpful concerning hotel questions and places to eat. After leaving him we noticed that the carpet was stained, and that the elevator smelled like smoke and also appeared like it needed to be wiped down a bit. When we entered our room we noticed stale odor. We noticed furtherr that the sheets were dingy and that they had a few remaining hairs on them. The wash cloths were dingy and tattered, but the tub appeared to be clean. The couch and other furnishings in the room were in need of replacements, they looked like they had truly given their money's worth. They were also worn and stained. I kept my shoes on walking around at night because the carpet looked rather suspect. At night we could hear people walking around on the ceiling and also getting comfortable in their bed. If you are looking for somewhere to lay your head because you are just way too exhausted to notice what the room looks like, then this hotel would suit you. I am not a neat freak, but I do enjoy staying in a hotel that looks like it's been well kept, with visibly clean linens, and one that smells fresh. Conversely, my realtives stayed at this hotel in a different room with their dog. They had no complaints and commented that they had a good night's rest.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2011

Microtel is exactly what you think it is in Beckley. It's a lower end hotel chain, but the people are courteous and the place is super pet friendly.

The continental breakfast is bare bones but that goes back to "you get what you pay for". My only hang-up is that they pull away everything except the coffee at exactly 9:30 am. That's great for coffee drinkers, but I don't drink coffee. I sometimes drink tea that I looked for tea bags -- no dice. Oh well.

The whirlpool/hot tub at the pool was frigid. The heater was broken and it had just been fixed. Unfortunately, it takes a loooong time to heat up a tub of water that size. It was finally just about warm enough right when we were checking out.

We had a non-smoking room, but we had to walk down the smoking hallway to get to it. It smelled like an old bar. The room itself was fine.

As for the pet friendly, we have a 10-pound dog and he tends to bark when left alone in the room. The hotel never complained and gave him dog treats instead.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank HeathSchneider
Reviewed May 18, 2011

We wanted to not spend a lot of money, We got a roomsaver book with a coupon. We stayed in room 105 nonsmoking. Carpet had a big rip at the door. Room was clean, Bathroom was clean, Beds were comfy and clean . Had a nice pool. There was a nice steak house nearby.
Breakfast was not very good, only bagels. Had ceral No fruit only apple sauce.
Overall was worth the money. We probably will stay here again. On our trips we like to save money where we can.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 16, 2011

My one night stay was fine for the price but I did miss having a coffee pot in the room. The towels were on the thin side and not exactly soft. The bathroom was well lit and it was certainly clean enough but I thought the water pressure was a bit low.

The bed was quite comfortable and I liked having 3 pillows on a queen bed instead of 2.

The biggest downfall was the noise! I was on the first floor and it sounded like there was a marathon taking place in the room above me. I heard heavy footsteps off and on for a good hour and a half and it was very annoying! I didn't need an alarm to wake me in the morning either because the noise started all over again at 7AM. I didn't complain to management for fear the people would retaliate by being even louder.

I'm going to check other hotels in the area before booking my next stay in June. If I do stay here again, I'll be sure to request a room on the 3rd floor in the hopes that it's quieter.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed February 1, 2011

I arrived at 200am ...ample parking for a semi....the gentleman at the desk was freindly and pleasant to talk too...standard microtel room, small ,well lit, comfy bed.....only complaint was the bathroom could have been cleaned a little better( wasnt too bad,but could have been better...)all in all its a great place to stay considering the price..around $60.00.....cracker barrel next door....I usually stay at another motel down the street ( com#### inn).this place is a lot better (cheaper,quieter and as clean or cleaner) I'll be back here again.....

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank teamster175
Reviewed October 22, 2010

Overall, my stay at the Microtel was fine. I loved the window seat! The window opened and the view of the back area was actually pretty nice. The room had lots of storage and a good work space. The lighting in the work space was a little dim and the lighting above the bed was very bright. There was a microwave and mini fridge in the room but there were some stains on the wall in that area- it looked like soda. The channel selection wasn't very good but I did a lot of reading sitting in the window seat. I enjoyed the pool area with whirlpool.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business