“Good Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Beckley
Reston, Virginia
“Good Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

This is a very good hotel to stay at if you are in the Beckley area. For starters it is right off the highway exit and is right next to the Cracker Barrel. The Cracker Barrel is so close that you can just walk there from the hotel. The hotel staff was very nice and accommodating. Every morning they even offered free water bottles right next to the front desk. The indoor/outdoor pool was very nice to be in, and the pool deck itself was very nice. The breakfast was very good, as it offered a variety of things. It offered things that I was not expecting, like chicken patties and ham. The room was pretty good. I did, however, find a few stains on the floor, and in the bathroom the shower did not have good pressure, there seemed to be a few cracks in the sink, and you could tell that the wallpaper was starting to peel a little bit. I will also note that the hotel has a very nice porch at the front entrance. Being a fan of Hotel Impossible I was very pleased to see how this hotel was running. It was very nice to have the friendly staff and very good cleanliness.

• 4 of 5 stars
Jerry S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beckley, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We do appreciate your feedback. I am glad that we passed the hotel impossible test, lol. I have to admit, I am a fan as well. We are scheduled to renovate the bathrooms in 2015, I can't wait to see the new look. Again, thank you for staying with us, we hope to see you soon!

Jerry Smith, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Pflugerville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

This is a very large hotel. The location is great. We were there for two nights. There was a high school reunion there the first night but the staff still took great care of everyone. We stayed in a suite with a Jacuzzi. Anything we had an issue someone was right on top of it. The only issue in our room was that the flat screen TV was in a cabinet and was hard to see from my side of the bed. Small problem when we enjoyed everything else so much. We could walk to the Cracker Barrel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for the kind review. We really were busy that weekend, the staff did a great job accommodating the guests. I will have the maintenance team look at the TV issue for a solution, we do appreciate your feedback. Again, thank you for staying, we look forward to serving you soon!

Jerry Smith, GM
Copley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel and both times were positive experiences. The kids love the indoor / outdoor pool. Swimming from inside to outside is very memorable for 6 & 8 year old boys. Breakfast has a good variety and the staff is very friendly.

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Jerry S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beckley, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Thank you so much for returning for a second stay! We are pleased that you enjoyed you stay, I have to admit the pool is so popular with the guests, it must be the swim through. Lol. Again, thank you for staying, we hope to see you soon!

New Martinsville, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

This hotel was very busy, but it offers a pool and a nice breakfast buffet. The location is good for sightseeing in the area and is close to the Tamarac and restaurants. We had a loud humming noise coming out of the HVAC vents. Hopefully they get that corrected.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I am glad that you were pleased with your stay. I will pass a work order on to the maintenance team to repair the HVAC, thank you for bring this to our attention. Again, thank you for the review. We hope to see you soon!

Annapolis, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

I've stayed here before and my stay was overall, okay. This time I'm thinking the issue where more because of the amount of people staying and the type of people staying. Parking was difficult. Someone was stealing the do not disturb signs from the doors allowing cleaning people to come in when they should've have. Not the cleaning persons fault of course and not the hotels fault. Thankfully they have some honest cleaning people. I had an iPhone charging on the table and it wasn't taken. I think it's more about the cost then anything, $169 a night for a double bed basic room doesn't seem worth it to me and I won't do it again.

• 2 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Jerry S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beckley, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
I am so sorry that you had a disappointing stay. Please contact me at jsmith@hlihotels, I would love to make it right for you.

Terrell, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

The rooms were nice but rather dated. That being said I have to say that the room was very clean and the maid staff was very nice and thorough. The bed was great but the comforter was way too heavy and I mean, physically heavy and way too warm for a hot Texas night regardless of air conditioning. We took the comforter off the bed and used the blanket supplied in the room by the hotel as a bed cover. The blanket was plenty heavy enough for a comfortable nights sleep. The real downfall of this hotel was that all of the breakfast food was very stale and the ice machine on the ground floor did not work. In addition, the noise of toilets flushing in other rooms and people walking on the floor above us was pretty loud. Overall, we liked that the bedroom had a door that could be shut while I slept and my husband stayed up late working on the computer. Cleanliness was a big plus. Another downfall would be that the card key took several tries each time we tried to enter the hotel. I would stay at the Ft. Worth, Texas Country Inn and Suites again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Jerry S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beckley, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. If you could please reach out to me by email at jsmith@hlihotels.com I would like to discuss your recent stay.

Have a great day!

Cedar Springs, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

We stay here every year, and they continue to get us to come back.
We stay here for a full weekend. They have a great staff that is helpful and a beautiful porch with lots of chairs and rocking chairs. Every year they improve something. The brwakfast area was remodeled and it was nice but a little more noisy then before.

The bathrooms are starting to show some wear and we found it difficult to get the sink to be on hot.
There is a cracker barrel walking distance and a liquor store. Other restaurant close by.

We will be back next year same time.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review of the hotel. We just begin adding all new soft seating to the guest rooms this week, with new headboards, artwork and lighting to follow by the end of the year. We are working to remodel the bathrooms hopefully in 2015. Hope to see you soon, thanks for staying!